General Purpose LMG

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by EinPixel, Nov 22, 2017.

1. EinPixel

Hey guys, I started to play PS2 ~ a month ago and tried a lot of roles on battlefield.
    My strongest role at the moment is my TR medic with his default Cycler,
    quite successful are my TR smg infiltrator and my NC LA with an AC-X11 and 2xC4,
    my spandex guy is WiP to an lightning-tanker to hunt busses and harassers down (~200 certs left to AP+full racer frame, untill he has the certs he reapirs stuff and plays gunner for real tanker).

Now I want some raw power for infantry fights... while my medic works great at close to medium ranges, I simply can not... stop... supporting... if I am able to support...
    My smg infiltrator is nice in 1o1 but not suitable for holding points and storming rooms... at least it feels wrong to be NOT behind the enemy lines. LA works nice for me, if I shoot first and land a HS (kinda AC-X11 "problem" I think, its simply not the best CQC weapon for me)

So I wanted to try an HA, Overshield suites perfect for Inf vs Inf fights. I think NMG should do the work for a beginner like me. The weapon is my problem. As I want to be able to contribute indoors, but also be usefull outdoor at medium ranges I want to find a nice general purpose LMG.

As my VS toon is still at certing, I'm search for TR or NC toons.

Where I have (little to) no problems:
    • Aiming: its ok, somewhere between 30 and 35% at most ranges
    • Trigger discipline at medium distance
    • Positioning. A lot of FPS EXP from past times learned me to choose(and change) positions well or die fast
    • Controlling the vertical and one-sided recoil
    Where my problems are:
    • My PC... (35-40 fps max in medium/large battle)
    • Playtime, so propper learning of a difficult weapon is hard
    • Trigger discipline at short-to-medium range. Its a strange feeling at distance where I see, that I start missing but "know", I'll die if stop firing (Panic? :D)... I think this problem is kinda easy to solve
    • Certs, I planed cert costs for medikits and NMG. As Nano Weave is allready skilled, no certs for this slot needed (unless resist Overshield is a must...). So if the weapon costs 1000 certs, its ok, but lower costs are welcome.
    • High CoF Bloom... see "Trigger discipline at short-to-medium range Problem"
    My own thoughts on LMGs:
    • I'm comfortable with CARV and its DMG Model but not sure on CoF Bloom and range...
    • MSW-R: VR only. Looks like better CARV for CQC, not sure how it works on running targets at medium ranges...
    • TMG 50: VR only. Looks great at medium range. I Like the DMG Model and recoil pattern. Not sure on CQC... the price of 1000cr is a downside too...
    • Rest of TR guns not tested...
    • SAW looks like a great weapon for all ranges... as long as HS in CQC are no problem. Oddly I cant get used to this weapon but love my AC-X11... Maybe because I cant choose my fights like on my LA...
    • GD22s feels great in VR but no Idea how it works on medium ranges with moving targets
    • Anchor: GD22s with more power and better attachments but a lot of horizontal recoil... looks like CQC weapon only
    • EM6 is comparable to TMG for me...
    • Rest not tested
    I would be happy if someone help me to find a suiting LMG... No Idea if my tests are right (please correct me if I'm wrong), its allways different in longer fights. Hard to figure out how effective an weapon is in VR and a 30 min testsession...
    At the moment Im thinking about TMG/EM6, GD22s and MSW-R. While TMG and EM6 could fit my playstyle better, they cost 1k cr... Meanwhile GD22s and MSW-R look like cheap CQC monster with problems at range... where could I place this weapons in comparison to CARV?
    Thanks for your help!
  2. Campagne

I don't have too much experience as TR, but the Carv should be good. All-round performer.

For NC, the SAW is my personal favorite but it's not without its problems. The GD22 is pretty good.
  3. DarkStarAnubis

I have a rather low exp. - my highest toon is BR40 even if I have six of them:

Naginata - good and precise firing platform (providing you manage the vertical recoil} but lacks the punch to deliver the killing blow.

Carv - very good at close range, less precise at distance

Orion - more all-round compared to Carv

T32 Bull - i liked it more than the TMG-50 (IMHO more precise horizontally), It is a good all-round but it has a 143 DMG model

Ursa - good medium long range (similar to SAW can even equip a x6 sight}

SAW - just don't enter a building unless you are super good (I am not) otherwise you even counter-snipe with that LMG

NS-15M2 - more all-around but weak punch (like the T-32l, lots of different accessories.

So:

Medium to Long engagement : Ursa, SAW, Naginata, T-32

Short to Medium engagement: T-32, Orion, Carv, NS-15M2

Allround - T-32, Orion, NS-15M2 (if you are good at heads hots)
  4. EinPixel

Hey guys,

thanks for your responds.
    On my TR toons runs Medic/SMG-Infi now
    My NC toon will spend some certs on HA.
    I'll get the GD22 for hug fights and use SAW for longer ranges for the first time.
  5. Eternaloptimist

Welcome to Auraxis. I've played a couple of years now and HA is not my main but here is what I have settled on, mostly weapons that are good at medium range/point holds and can cope with CQC, whilst not being best in class at that range (hope it helps):
    • TR: I keep going back to the T32 Bull, lower RoF than the CARV or MSW but high muzzle velocity and easier to manage recoil for me - works well at all ranges (especially if you can headshot in CQC) and particularly good at medium range;
    • NC: I run the EM1 - not a common choice - but the better RoF and really stable recoil compared to the higher damage LMGs works for me. I find it a particularly good point-hold weapon.
    • VS: I have used the Pulsar LSW for medium range with some success. Seems a bit more stable than the SVA88 but that could be my imagination.
    I main Engie with a fair bit of LA so I am more used to carbines and use of hipfire strafing, which is not a great technique for LMGs as they have much larger hipfire CoF - hence my choice of LMGs is more for medium range ADS shooting with foregrip and 2x sight. I run NMG too and I also run implants - regen and battle hardened for coping a bit better with incoming fire.
    • Up x 1
  6. Oleker2

A lot of people on outfit and platoons speak very bad about the URSA... They claim to had a very bad time with the gun and chose the Flare instead, even though the URSA has better stats but fire rate.

On NC the saw is not new player friendly by a long shot, many players recommend the Anchor as fast as possible.
  7. Icehole1999

The MSW-R is a great gun and what I believe to be my best weapon purchase. It reminds me a lot of a carbine. I'm using x2 optics. I have found out that it's best when ADS. The mag only holds 50 rounds and that's not enough for it to be a hip fire bullet hose.

I have never liked the Carv and started using the MCG as soon as I could. While not an LMG, the MCG can wreck a whole squad if you manage to flank them and catch them by surprise. Start on one end and keep holding the trigger. Your CoF bloom is ridiculous but any bullets that don't hit the guy you're aiming at hit his buddies. Everyone takes damage. It's kind of like an AoE weapon that isn't. Go from one to the next without spraying back and forth. I got behind some guys in a biolab yesterday that were holding back my guys. All dead in seconds.

Also, I've fooled around with the Bull in VR and it seems pretty good too. Not enough to replace the MSW-R or MCG, but is on my list to buy at some point.
    • Up x 1