GD-7F

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by MercesOpes, Aug 15, 2014.

1. MercesOpes

Hi guys,

Been wondering if the GD-7F is worth buying. I tried it out in VR, and was very impressed by its RPM and CQC viability. Btw, I play light assault in the get in your face and kill you way.

Thanks
  2. Iridar51

From a similar thread:
    It's not that GD-7F is good or sucks, it's just very specialized - it's weak sides are weak, and strong side is strong.

GD-7F offers unparalleled DPS; as long as you engage enemies one on one, you can take on pretty much anyone, save for shotgun users at very close range, and you still keep some versatility at range.

But it's got many downsides: erratic recoil pattern, long reload, low damage per magazine yet very high rate of fire, so you're punished severely for missing.

Unless the target is very close, someone with 0.75x ADS or a superior hip fire will do circles around you while shooting at your head, and you won't be able to deal with him, since even with ALS hip fire becomes unreliable at certain range, and if you ADS, you will slow down and die instantly.

So you have to either force your engagements to be very close, 0-10m, or catch your target by surprise and take him out quickly while ADSing.
    • Up x 2
  3. MercesOpes

Thanks Iridar. :), I think I'll get the GD-7F for its great CQC, I don't normally engage targets more than medium range anyway.
  4. K13r

It needs to used up close for me it a inconscient weapon sometime it's ON and your like I'm pwning das noob's but whens it OFF its OFF. More than likely this goes to Iridar point it weak side are VERY weak, and best used as a Quick TTK when taking people on from the flanks..
  5. SeanFree

GD-7F is worth a try for all NC LA's, it's just not for some people. If you like a crazy high rpm weapon available for LA, try out the Blitz. It has lower bullet damage (lower DPS but still higher than a lot of weapons) for a 50 round magazines, you can mow 3 people down no problem then get out of there.
  6. MercesOpes

Thanks, but the Blitz is an SMG, and really a LA should go with a Carbine for increased versatility. Also, the damage on the Blitz is rather low.
  7. SeanFree

GD-7F is terrible for midrange anyway, that's why I suggested an SMG. DPS on the Blitz is still crazy high, but I do agree that a carbine is best for a lot of situations.
  8. Crayv

Have you tried the Bandit? It's a bit more effective range and more forgiving with its larger effective mag size at the expense of slightly less up close killing power.
  9. SeanFree

Bandit is just a crappy Cyclone, I can't recommend it at all. The damage drop off is absurd, it would be better just to use a Merc for mid/long and a GD-7F for CQC. Bandit just doesn't do either well enough to use outside of Auraxium chases IMO.
    • Up x 1
  10. cruczi

Any carbine will outperform an SMG past 20 meters. The Bandit still has 5010 max damage per mag compared to Blitz's 6250, and performs a lot better at range while still having 0.75 ADS speed and great hipfire accuracy.

The Bandit is decent but the GD-7F will have better killing power at all ranges. It has much higher DPS and better velocity. What the Bandit has going for it is the ADS mobility and easier controllability.
  11. SeanFree

The amount of people who can use the GD-7F and Serpent at more than 20 meters efficiently are few and far between though. Bandit's a meh mix of Merc and Cyclone, which are both better in their respectful ranges. Bandit just doesn't do medium range much better than a Cyclone to make it worth it IMO.
  12. cruczi

Shots to kill ranges (in meters) vs a 1000 hp target, SPA equipped:

[IMG]

Bandit maintains much better damage output at range. It has lower horizontal recoil and has 10x tighter stand still COF like any carbine vs SMG. The only thing Cyclone has going for it is lower vertical recoil which allows for smoother burst firing, but that doesn't come anywhere close to making up for the lower damage. And let's not even talk about bullet velocity.
    • Up x 1
  13. lilleAllan

GD-7F is by far the best NC carbine for CQC - much superior to the Bandit, which I think is kind of bad. But you need to be good with your secondary, since that 3 sec reload is a killer in CQC.

Agree. I'm using the bandit only because I'm one auraxium short of getting the fortuna. And I can't stand it. It's slightly better at mid range than the Cyclone, but the Cyclone has better hipfire, +5 bullets (with ext mags) and a MUCH faster reload.
  14. SeanFree

Agree, but:
  15. cruczi

Is there are point you're making there somewhere
  16. SeanFree

Yeah, Allan's quote basically summed it up for me as well on the Bandit vs. Cyclone.
  17. cruczi

I don't see how you can agree with my post and Allan's "It's slightly better at mid range". My post demonstrated it's not slightly better, but that the difference is rather staggering. So as far as I can tell we still disagree :D
  18. Iridar51

Leave it to cruczi to work out specific details on how and why people disagree with him ;)
  19. SeanFree

He was saying that the Bandit was slightly better at midrange but the pros of the Cyclone outweigh this slightly better performance.
    • Up x 1
  20. cruczi

I know, and I don't think the Bandit is slightly better at midrange. I think it is considerably better at midrange. Thus, the pros of the Cyclone do not outweight that difference, unless you intend to fight almost exclusively within 20 meters.