Gauss saw

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by oTec, Jul 17, 2015.

1. oTec

First of all, this is no complaint on the preformance of this weapon*

Started using the gauss a few days ago when, after my LA/Medic/Engi, i moved on to the next class to cert to a certain level. I had been using the standard NC weapons on all of those classes, since they're pretty good.
    Although lately i've started to notice changes to the nc weapons, in particular the gauss saw.
    I first used it with only a 2x reflex and it preformed quite well, even with the high recoil but now i have the compensator + adv fw grip and i've started noticing that even though my red dot is on target, the weapon still misses.
    First shot is always dead on, i start compensating for the recoil and keep my weapon pretty low-mid height but for some reason it feels like the bullets go trough/next to the enemy. Alright, the gauss has a hipfire that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn but this shouldn't be in ADS... . This doesn't happen all the time and only in full auto firing at medium ranges ( 15-50m), also with the other nc weapons but alot less. Did they change anything to the gauss ?
  2. ThePyroRussian

Ok what you want to do is First Switch to the 1x and second every 5 shots to reclick (fast as possible) After abought 5 shots your accuracy drop to much sooo just reclick and you will notice it that it is very good
    • Up x 2
  3. reap200

its called bloom, after every conseutive shot with every weapon in the game the gun gets less and less accurate, the gauss saw is perfectly accurate when standing still, but gets very inaccuate after more than 4 rounds, i recommend doing bursts of 3-5 depending on how close you are to the target. oh moving also affects accuracy, if you move with the gauss saw while firing you have worse accuracy at range than an SMG. if you want more info on the bloom/accuracy of weapons heres a good place to learn them: http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons
    • Up x 2
  4. oTec

Guess that's it, it works alot better in 5-10 rounds clicking. Thanks
  5. MarkAntony

Unless in CQC you should use 2 round burst with NC 200 dmg weapons.
  6. Iridar51

People here have explained the basics to you, if you ever want ot learn more in-depth stuff about how weapons work in PS2 and the best ways to use them - check out my gunplay guide, link is in my signature.
    • Up x 1