Gauss SAW S or EM1???

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ximinetto, May 30, 2017.

1. Ximinetto

Which one is better???
  2. Masyaka

Both are good if you like randomly shooting in the head with bursts. EM1 is like an assault rifle.

If you want headshots training go NS lmg (dont use naginata though)
  3. Eternaloptimist

I tended to use the EM1 for CQC becauser higher RoF (even with lower damage per shot it was good to use).

Now I have slightly better accuracy / reaction time / awareness the Anchor is the LMG of choice for my NC avatars.
  4. Campagne

Not the EM1, if you actually want to kill anyone.

Not enough damage, too few RPM.
  5. TR5L4Y3R

personally i went with the gd22 while decking my saw in attachments .. em 1 i heard mixed opinions about so not sure weither or nof to invest into it
  6. BrbImAFK

They're completely different weapons for completely different playstyles.

SAW-S has access to all the attachments, making it pretty versatile. However, it's a higher-damage, low RoF weapon designed for mid-long engagements.

EM1 does not have access to a compensator or HVA, and has an extended maximum damage range along with lower damage and a higher RoF, making this a primarily short-medium range weapon.
  7. TheSunlikeOne

Every person has his/her own preference, that's why IMO you can't give a definite answer to the question "Which one is better???".
    I literally hated GD22, auraxiuming it was a nightmare. EM1, however, was a very enjoyable weapon.

EM1 doesn't need a compensator. It's recoil is almost nonexistent. Long range kills are easy with this weapon. But you should avoid point blank engagements, if possible. Even there tight hipfire cone of fire helps a lot.
  8. TR5L4Y3R

Saw S iirc is a bit more beginnerfriendly than the default saw for mid to long range
    the em 1 is more a supressionweapon from what i trialed ..
    speaking of which people seem to forget that you can trial any weapon for a bit so while it may not be much playtime i still recommend trialing the weapons so you get at least a bit of a feel of which weapon may handle better for you
  9. ListenTourBalls

My recommendation is stick with the gauss saw and spend your certs elsewhere, at first. If you get some practice with thus weapon, other lmg's will be much easier to pick up and I think you will be able to make a better decision
  10. TomoB

I kinda regret buying the EM1 "tickle" gun, when I shoot enemy I hear that constant splatting sound while I get about million hits but enemy just doesn't go down and kills me. So humiliating.
    • Up x 1
  11. Eternaloptimist

I've enjoyed using the EM1 because of it's higher RoF and lower recoil than the other NC LMGs but recently I have been a bit disappointed with it at medium to long range. As my CQC headshot ability has improved I have started using the NS15M and it is great fun as well as being super useful at range (with a quick reload as well).
  12. Moz

No brainer, SAW S!
  13. Lee Weldon

I've never managed to go well with the EM1 or the EM6, is it really a playstyle thing or is it a large array of issues that make the gun bad. My first issue with the EM guns or most heavy weapons in general is the time taken to zoom in (unless you're one to preemptively zoom in around corners and i do this too but its the only time i get the upper hand). Secondly the accuracy is terrible, especially while sprinting, you pretty well need to be sitting still and crouching and even then the accuracy is terrible. So can someone tell me why you can enjoy this weapon? It's damage output doesn't seem enough to compensate. But then I've really not touched heavy assault since the light assault got like a light assault version of the rocket launcher.
  14. Nehlis

I actually like the EM1 but I haven't used the SAW S yet.
    Its got easy recoil, good fire rate and high ammo capacity. Low damage feels out of place on a NC gun but its nice to have a varied option.
    People often overlook the extended max damage range and just how valuable the high capacity is. It' excellent for locking down a firing lane or for point defense. I personally run Softpoint ammo, Flash suppressor and extended mags. Optics are either 1x reflex for more open fights or IRNV for smokes and point defense. Suppress an angle by firing in 5-7 shot bursts, past that your CoF blooms too much even if recoil is spot on. Try not to reload until you get down to less than 10 rounds out of 200.
  15. waystin2

I have found the Saw S more controllable than the standard Saw. Just could not make the EM1 work for me. Love the Anchor and the NS15 as good options.
  16. badname123

WOW OLD THREAD.

I want all EM1 owners who are reading this to use sidewinder implant and a laser with the EM1. Do not aim down sight, just strafe and spam. Skillfully of course, Spam skillfully.

This is the true POWAH of the EM1.

You are welcome.
  17. Nehlis

Unfortunately the EM1 no longer has amazing hipfire accuracy. But that exact setup works amazing on either GD22 or Anchor.
  18. Danko

In Planetside 2 Forums Threads are Immortal... XD
  19. brutes359

A thread only dies when its post becomes irrelevant. so long as the topic remains a viable point. it can be a day or a century and stil be worth talking about. The real failure is when an issue is posted about years ago and the devs fail to fix it by the time it is posted about again years later.

That said i prefer the EM-1 for its high level of recoil control and decent fire rate. it is still outclassed by most of the VS LMG's in terms of damage per-second potential and mobility game-play focus. And still punishes you for firing while moving. but thats NC guns for you. It is however still better than the vast majority of TR's frozen pea cannons.

I recommend using it at mid to long range with between 6-8 round bursts for best results. AS per NC usual attachments, for-grip and compensator if available are the go to. And it goes without saying to avoid CQC with it on console as VS still dominate their with their better hip-fire and better burst damage. it will do better then the standard Gauss SAW in those areas but not by much.
  20. Lee Weldon

And opinions change too, looking back at this I disagree with what I said entirely. The EM1 is now one of my better guns, I have advanced laser sight on it whereas on the gaus saw I go with the advanced forward grip, this means the gun actually works in short range. I also try avoid using heavy assault at long range, there are simply just better options, which is why the gaus saw never gets pulled now since I've auraxiumed it. I'm not saying it is the king or anything, I just haven't tried the anchor or the NS lmg that are supposed to be a bit better. I am using the GD-22S right now because it's free and wow it is just a terrible gun, I've also noticed since the OCE server shut down and I'm on the US server it adds about half a second to kill anyone, which is a big deal in a shooter, I think using a mediocre gun at this point just gives opponents too much freedom even with misplays. I still think the EM6 is trash, outclassed by the gaus saw, outclassed by sniper rifles. That said I still need a bunch more kills on it to aurax.

Camikaze just made a tier list with all the lmg's though he was factoring in price which is really not significant to me at this point, if something is better I'll pay more for it. I pretty much agreed with most of the list, though I think all long range LMG's deserved to be lower down on the list and I think at least for me any gun with better attachments deserved to be a bit higher, really can't deal without advanced laser sight.