Gauss rifle burst

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Deffington, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Deffington

Hello, I does anyone have an experience with burst variant of Gauss Rifle after burst weapon patch? What attachments to use? I have seen a note, that the gun doesn't get more bullet velocity from HVA. What would be the velocity with both suppressor and HVA? Thank you.
  2. cobaltlightning

Ever since that Patch, Burst Primaries have basically become headshot machines. If applicable, I'd get a compensator and the forward grip, as well as HVA.

As for the Gauss Rifle Burst, it does not get any damage increase, but it does bump its minimum damage out a bit. That said, It still might be safe to avoid HVA on the Gauss Rifle Burst

That's all I can really say, as I don't really use Burst Primary weapons all too much.
  3. Archard

Your choice of sights, a forward grip/laser sight, and a flash suppressor.

Do not put HVA on the Gauss Rifle Burst. It adds exactly 0% extra muzzle velocity for no real benefit and more recoil.

I also wouldn't use a silencer on it. The decrease in muzzle velocity is far too punishing (-40%) on assault rifles to be worth it.
  4. Eternaloptimist

I haven't gotten around to the burst AR but I use the burst carbines a lot. They are laser accurate with a burst and good for shooting at longer ranges than you would expect a carbine to be good for. Headshot or body shot, landing two or three bursts does it. I'm running with HVA and fore grip (kind of cancelling each other out regarding recoil I hope) only because I want to see if the increase in the range for max damage is worth it. And even then, only on the carbines with lower muzzle velocity where I hope the HVA will make a worthwhile differance. I haven't made up my mind about HVA on carbines yet but I definitely won't start out with it on the Gauss AR when I get the urge to play Medic again. IIRC ARs generally are already pretty accurate at longer range to begin with.
  5. Zvezdan

HVA doesn't really give any significant benefits to the Gauss Rifle burst, and I certainly wouldn't recommend using HVA on it. The gun works perfectly fine (and in my opinion, is overpowered) with or without HVA. A suppressor is also generally a bad idea. All you need is a forward grip and MAYBE a compensator. The recoil is so low on it that I'm honestly pretty iffy on even taking a compensator. The Gauss Rifle Burst is just such a beast at long range already that you don't need to take one.