Gauss Compact S vs NC-19 (stock weapon)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by MykeMichail, Nov 26, 2012.

1. MykeMichail

I just had a look at the stats for these two weapons side by side.

Is it just me, or is the GCS an inferior weapon all-round, but just has the ability to attach the under-barrel grenade launcher?

Really? I mean come on.

Are we spending 750 certs for a **** carbine just so we can put an under-barrel grenade launcher on it? Or is there actually a decent reason to use the GCS without an underbarrel attachment?

Has anyone tried it out yet?
  2. Maxi'sProteinPowder

best LA gun ever! it is the all rounder, i have 2x grenade launcher, soft point ammo, red dot laser sight and its ruthless, plus i carry 2 nades as well i am equipped for all occasions ;) i can remove a 6 man squad with medic and HA in rooms and still fly off like nothing happened, then i pick em off any stragglers when they start running!
    Its definantly worth the certs!

Im just 20 certs off getting my first C4 ......wohoo happy times
  3. Gramalian

So are we saying the merc isnt worth certing into?
  4. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Well let me put it this way to you "Do you want the ability to fly up in a lovely little position and wait for 3-4 guys spawning a plane and lobbing a perfectly fine grenade into the group getting 4 kills in one shot!" this is what i have been doing and i get kill streaks of 10 -12 to each death!

Plus i have the soft point ammo that makes me carve em up much quicker, i have not looked back ever since i got that gun, i had it Beta and it was first on my buying list once the game was launched, my kill to Death Ratio increased massively
  5. Gramalian

Yea. The merc is a nice all range gun it just seems to kick so much with out a grip and the CoF is huge after 3 shots that I find myself forced to burst at anything over 3-5 meters. Ill est out this gun and most likely buy it after I get the grip certs for the merc to test that out.
  6. ThoughtfulBee

Is the Gauss Compact S stat-for-stat identical to the AF-19? I know the S allows for more attachments, but is it otherwise a carbon copy of the Mercenary?

I've been certing in to the AF-19 Merc with that assumption. But now I think it should be the S.
  7. Mirakk

Compact S is the most accurate Carbine I've had the pleasure of firing. It also has the widest variety of attachments to choose from including soft points and high velocity ammo, underbarrel grenade launcher/shotgun, and smoke grenades. I'd been using the AC-X11 with a 2x reflex and doing well, but after trying the trial on the Compact S, I'm not looking back. It's a great utility weapon, and can fit a variety of playstyles.

I fired a spread at close/medium range full auto and it was the tightest grouping I'd ever seen at comperable range. I remarked about it and a couple people in the warpgate came to look, wanting to know what gun that was from.
  8. Moody One

The Compact S and the Merc are not carbon copies

The S picks up the ability to use a LOT more attachments but it pays the price in a reduced ROF and increased reload time

Personally - its worth it - the ability to use a Compensator alone makes it worth while - add the Underbarrel grenade launcher, Soft point ammo and the 3 round burst mode and it is truly a very versatile weapon