Gauss Compact Burst (PS4)

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by HomicideJack, May 14, 2016.

1. HomicideJack

Now understand, I mainly play TR and I prefer using the TRAC-5 Burst for general use. I decided to play on my long-forgotten NC character and I thought to give the NC burst gun a go, but I was immediately underwhelmed by its poor accuracy - at least in comparison to the TR's equivalent. It feels pretty jumpy for a gun that's supposed to be all about accuracy.

Anyone else have some thoughts on it? I feel like it should fire a three round burst rather than two.
  2. Ximaster

Its trash,i have it on PC account and i cant do anything before i get killed. Try other weapons.
  3. TheKharjo15

the burst rifle for NC is for long to medium range flanking (campers :p )
    use a foward grip and an 4x scope on it with a supressor .
    Again this is for campers , so make sure nobody sees you.
    Its not the easiest weapon to use, but if you get the hang of its vertical recoil you'll get nice kill sprees, just dont get greedy, and make sure nobody sees you!
  4. HomicideJack

"Make sure nobody sees you." That made me giggle.
  5. _itg

I love that gun (just Auraxiumed it), but then again, I play on PC, and mouse control may make the gun feel very different. Like all burst weapons, it's the most accurate gun in its class for NC, so if you don't think this gun is accurate, you probably won't like many other NC guns.

Interestingly, The GCB has the same vertical recoil as the TRAC-5 Burst, according to the wiki. However, the GCB fires fewer bullets, and with the 2-round burst, you get the 0.75x first-shot multiplier more often, which means in practice it actually has less vertical recoil. On the other hand, having to click more often might make it harder to control in practice, and the slower RoF might make the recoil feel less fluid.
    • Up x 2
  6. Eternaloptimist

I use burst carbines for medium to long range work on PC. They are insanely accurate but at 334 dmg (NC) to 429 dmg (VS/TR) per burst, not counting headshots, you have to be able to hit people with at least two or three bursts most of the time. It's not that hard to do tbh. I use a 2x sight. And you can spam the trigger if you get caught up in CQC to get that comforting auto fire feeling..........