Game will not start

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Heblokk, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Heblokk

When I press the large green "Play" button, message appears above the button saying "The game is currently running", then the play button glows green again, after multiple clicks, the game never starts and the launcher program exits abruptly. Its been doing this for several weeks now. I reinstalled the game, but didn't fix. Should I send in an error report? Thank you

And many thanks for a really fun game - My compliments to the Developers.
  2. linque

i have the same problem for the last two days. tried to install ps2 on a fresh built computer. all the other games i play online work fine but this one wont launch at all. it says game is running when you hit the start button the game tries to load the screen goes black for a couple seconds and then goes back to my desktop and the soon after the launcher closes also. tried to reinstall everything and nothing worked.
    reinstalling windows will turn me off of playing this game almost all together i'm so confused and right when we have the anniversary bundle so if i miss out on buying the bundle because daybreak wont address this i will be really let down!
    considering there not even posting pictures or video of this years bundle makes me even more upset i cant log onto the game and look at them for myself

windows 7 ultimate (64)
    fx 8350 4.7ghz
    16 gig of ddr3 radeon entertainment 1600mhz ram
    msi gtx 960 2 gig
    msi 990 gaming mobo

havnt played planetside in around a month and last time was on the same graphics card ram memory but on a phenom 955 black and game played fine!
  3. linque

i figured it out, i ran every update for windows and the last one was the one that was making the game crash. windows service pack 1
    . seems pretty stupid but it was causing my game to not launch
  4. BadHabitz

Yup, made sure service pack 1 was installed and it works