Game Update 13: What to expect and when.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jul 16, 2013.

1. sindz

Scrap the temporary implements, its a bad idea, plain and simple.
    • Up x 6
  2. Xae

How the **** does a guy on foot moving 10kph at best run up to and C4 a vehicle moving 50-120 kph?

Here is how I know you're full of ****.

C4 doesn't work on fast moving vehicles. The object doesn't properly attach to the vehicles. C4 gets fewer positional updates than vehicles do, so it desynchs from a fast vehicle. It will "detonate" several meters away and do almost no damage to them.
    • Up x 2
  3. raw

4. RJGatling

Easy, whenever said vehicle moves up a slope at an incline greater than 5% and slows down to <10kph.
  5. Sossen

You might not think so, but a lot of the players who actually spend money in this game do it because they know that this is a fair game and spending money will NOT give them an advantage. Instead purchasing weapons etc becomes a way to personalize and adapt your equipment to your playstyle. So what you are doing here goes against everything this game stood for when it was released. I can't believe that the designers of such a lovely game could think that essentially adding more membership fees is a good idea.

It's lazy and so obviously greedy, instead of introducing new and exciting items with a one-time fee you decide that adding a membership fee for a permanent advantage (which, from looking at the list, is also simply boring) is in line with the philosophy that made this game great.

I thought better things of you, SOE, but maybe I shouldn't have.
    • Up x 9
  6. Xae

If it is 10 certs for 100 hours is it a bad idea?

The devil is in the details.
  7. joe smo

I like what I see for the updates,
    except implants I am really worried about them.
    • Up x 6
  8. Jhadey

1st post and last one.

Do not add implants. They will ruin the gameplay.
    Improve infantry fights but not with crap. This game turns into a P2W one.
    • Up x 7
  9. Tenebrae Aeterna

Honestly,

I think they're just looking for a persistent source of cash, and not thinking about the repercussions. This is the type of thing that absolutely destroys a FTP game...and they're not about to seek that end. So, in my eyes, it's just a matter of inexperience with a FTP product and a desire for a persistent source of cash.

It's understandable...it's just not the way to go. There are other methods of obtaining lucrative cash only items that don't impact the game, but it'll take work and won't be persistent.

I'm going to actually come up with some, and see if I can't link Margaret to them. She's always responded to me, even if she couldn't really give an opinion. Her responding, in my opinion, goes to show that they care about what we have to say. I understand the desire and need to make a profit, they're just trying to figure out the best way to do that.
    • Up x 2
  10. Halsey

Better idea... may be to make implants cost infantry resources... encourage people to buy boosts, but not cripple people who don't have tons of money or certs.

It was said earlier but I feel it needs restating. This gives incentives to buy xp or resource boosts but does not make it a necessity in order to run implants. It will go a long way to reassure players that PS2 is not a pay to win game and the players will reward SOE accordingly.
    • Up x 7
  11. sindz

Yes, its still bad.
    • Up x 4
  12. Nyax

The implants are way too powerful, add nothing to the game and clearly P2W. Allowing people to bypass entire weapons system and cert lines with consumables that heavily favors people with deep pockets is a very very bad idea for this game.
    • Up x 4
  13. Kunavi

Awareness: End of Snipers, unless you introduce 1HK 100% - In which case we'll just have to worry about others noticing us after the target automatically spots us. Also... Auto-Q spam? Really? :S What a crutch.
    Battle Hardened: That's how I would like all Implants - Having a very MINOR impact.
    Clear Vision: Bai-Bai to Flash/Concussion. You better reduce their cost by at least 50%, their Certs by at least 50% and allow us to carry 10 or this is as bad as Awareness.
    EMP Shielding: Same as Clear Vision. Ridiculously OPed against a thing that is ridiculously UPed.
    Enhanced Targeting: Also a good one, like Battle Hardened. It's OK, not too much.
    EOD HUD: The ultimate crutch, will absolutely KILL A/I Mines. Which are.... For Snipers. We get it SOE, you want us to never touch Infiltrators. I'm quitting now in fact.
    ReGeneration: Well, F* me up the (&#*$ while at it. SOE, this is BAD.
    Safe Landing: Approved, also good. Will help Jump Pack LAs.
    Sensor Shield: Free SEMICLOAKS TO EVERYONE. Nice.... Not. Absolutely P2W item.
    Thermal Reduction: Kay, didn't know you don't want me to Cert Thermal either. P2W.

Higby, this better be a joke- If not, it's a travesty. Please THINK SOME OF THESE OVER
    • Up x 5
  14. KenDelta

It's a good thing , it's a new feature. Now they can't use "Unbalance" as an excuse. Everyone has access to these shietty implants and so on.
  15. Xae

Why?

You get enough passive certs to buy two of them a day. You have a 800% uptime ratio assuming you play 24 hours a day.

Stop and think.
    • Up x 1
  16. FendleyFire

Implants are per loadout? That sort of defeats the purpose of having different loadouts, if I want to change weapons but use the same implant I either have to buy it twice or change the loadout...
  17. sindz

Stop white knighting. And quote all the other people who say implants are bad aswell if you wanna continue this. Adding a temporary item (cert/sc drain) of any kind is bad for a game, period. Add insane features which these implants bring, its downright P2W - A thing this game has done such a good job(ish) of avoiding so far. Cert gain for people who dont run with boosts are tiresome enough, adding this will mean the once "steady flow" (still slow as ****) will dissappear. Its a rough enough nerf that you are forced to log each day or the certs cap at 12, adding a big black hole to throw your certs into on a continuesly fashion is _bad_ for the game.

Dont have enough certs or SC -> Too bad, you are at a disadvantage compared to those who can afford to keep throwing certs/SC at implants. This equals P2W. So yes, no matter the cost or duration a temporary item is bad and it will cripple PS2.

Stop yourself.
  18. Tenebrae Aeterna

I didn't even think of this..........

Now I'm very, very, sad...
  19. FrontTowardEnemy

Not sure if they'll be configurable per loadout, but that would be an interesting (and good) way of doing it, if their cost was attached to resources the same way medkits/C4 are etc.
  20. Xae

Grow up and stop spazing.

How is this different than ANY OTHER UNLOCK?

Oh, they have conc grenades and you don't? OH INSTAWIN Pay2WIN M I RITE???!?!?!?!1

Seriously, this isn't 4 Chan the only\thing accusing someone of "White Knighting" does is show you're useless. Withholding judgement until you have more facts isn't white knighting. So G2WoW or something.

If you can't bother to explain why you think something perhaps you should try thinking for yourself. Inability to explain ones positions is pretty much a sure sign you're just thoughtlessly jumping on a bandwagon. Exercise that thing between your ears for once in your life.