Game Update 13: What to expect and when.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Posse

I have to say I hate the implants idea.
    • Up x 16
  2. KenDelta

Soo much QQing about the implants being bought for SC , I don't think the servers run for free...
    • Up x 1
  3. Epicstrat

"Implants will have relatively short durations (Measured in hours, not days) and low costs. Like weapons, they'll be available to purchase for both Certification Points and Station Cash. We're still finalizing the durations and costs for these items, but we'd love to hear feedback on the system."

So... implants will be available for SC and certs. I think this is a bad thing. The implants they gave are fine and none would be OP if and ONLY IF they were not available for SC. Certs take so much longer to earn, the price of these implants better be next to nothing... 50 certs at most, 25 would be better. If not, they are going to be stupid and be contributing to the downfall of the game. If people can pay for an advantage that the F2P players do not possess without playing for some time, that is unfair. Granted that none of these implants are over powered to the point of game breaking, giving players with a disposable income an immediate advantage over the rest of us is not fair. At the very least make implants have some downside to using them, so that there is a slight advantage to not using them at all. PLEASE reconsider and do not make these available for SC. Finally I would like to point out that SOE is asking for feedback about this system and from what I have read on these forums, reddit, and the forums of my outfit mates, people OVERWHELMINGLY agree that being able to purchase temporary buffs for SC is a TERRIBLE idea. So i will make this last message as prominent as possible:

SOE DO NOT MAKE IMPLANTS AVAILABLE FOR SC!!!
    • Up x 16
  4. Hunterion

I agree, this is the worst thing I've readed in a long time. They're being way too greedy with this, even for SOE.
    • Up x 9
  5. applepie555

The implants really worry me. I'm not a fan of temporary items. The fact is, that unlike other items purchasable via sc, they have no downside of using them. While still purchasable with certs, I feel that now we're going to constantly have to dump certs into this to stay competitive. While some of them I'm okay with (health regen, less fall damage), a lot of them seem very powerful (auto spotting, grenade immunity) which will give paying players and higher ranked players who can afford the certs a big advantage. This is only going to make things worse for new players, since they will probably not have enough certs to get access to these. So far, on here and on reddit all I've seen are posts against it. People are already irritated from the resource changes making those with boosts access to more vehicles, this will be the nail in the coffin. Many people will likely quit, meaning that soe will lose more money than they will gain.

The other changes seem good though. The Esamir revamp looks amazing. I like the absence of dome shields as well. I hope SOE doesn't implement them. The new ESF and Galaxy changes should make air to ground less of a problem, and when the new secondary weapons come out that should help too. Less rocket pods. new pistols seem interesting, but what happened to the auto pistol, shotty pistol and charge-up ones?

There are so many good things in this update, I just hope it doesn't get ruined by implants, sorta like them ZOE and Indar lattice...
    • Up x 3
  6. S0LAR15

Temporary implants, especially that they are SC available, sound like a bad precedent.

I for one will not waste certs or SC on implants, or anything (besides a boost) that only last hours, or even days. The temporary concept is flawed, and you're either wasting time or money.

I thought the idea was to deepen gameplay and squadplay a bit, whilst adding a bit more fun. It seems like this has been merged with "we need more money" or something. And the original point has been lost.

I'll also be urging everyone in my 1000 strong outfit, in the strongest possible terms, to avoid them as well.
    • Up x 21
  7. Stoick

I would like to add to the voices screaming NO! at the (as currently posted) P2W, OP, garbage implants. The currently described model is a disaster in the making. Some of the implants are too OP for words. Others, I could possibly see, maybe, at a ridiculous cert cost, no SC option, and on a permanent slot basis. As described, these will be horribly detrimental to game play.
    • Up x 10
  8. Canno

Enhancded Targeting - The real reason we nerfed health bar view distances, revealed!

EOD HUD - Infiltrators will have to spend a bunch of certs to get this in a suit slot (and sacrifice a more useful suit) but you can buy it for X sc or X certs!

Sensor Shield - Those nifty new motion sensors we're giving infiltrators? Don't sweat it, but this and forget about them!
    • Up x 9
  9. FnkyTwn

Why are you returning the certs? Are you removing Ammo Belts
    from the game, or are you increasing or decreasing the costs?

I really depend on my Ammo Belts. I have them maxed on HA,
    LA and Infiltrator. It suits my style of play and allows me to stay
    in the field longer.
  10. Acceleratio

VOIP for leaders?

Oh thank god maybe I wont have to go to stinking Teamspeak all the time.
    Was one of the reaosn why I had to quit an outfit since stupid Teamspeak becomes mandatory all the time and everywhere :(
  11. PS2ATW

I think the date of release means 7/24... Not 6/24. And implants=BAD IDEA.
    • Up x 3
  12. jihon83

I don't think there is any way that "implants" can be balanced correctly. If they are too cheap, then they become so ubiquitous that the community will simply wonder, "hey, why not just change the classes or even the entire game to integrate 'x' and 'y'?" In which case, SOE will seem like a miserly company for making people pay for something that seems like a given in the way an implant-flooded PS2 plays, where special grenades are ineffectual, you can readily identify everyone you see on screen, while your minimap is literally just a map so you can see where 31st century vending machines are located.

On the other hand, if implants are made expensive in both SC and Certs cost, then it comes across as a matter of being P2W, where the "haves", either players who have invested a lot of money or a lot of time, can literally do things that the "have-nots" can't. As a bad-to-middling-but-mostly-bad player, there are plenty of instances where I'm both angered and in awe of other players, I don't want to be that ruined by thinking their skill is just "skill" that's been augmented by a purchasable cheat code. And how will this play with the MLG and "eSport" angle? The fierce competition that's meant to show pure skill and leadership could be devoured by the PS2 version of baseball players injecting one another with horse testosterone in the buttocks as squads and platoons "encourage" their MLG rooster to buy some SC or save up their Certs for next week *wink wink*.

Either way, I think implants are a lose-lose for both the players and for SOE, especially for our Vanu-like master, Migby.
    • Up x 7
  13. BoomBoom4You

I like the idea of implants but agree making it consumable and available for SC is de facto pay-to-win design.

Either a) make it available for only certs or b) non-consumable (perhaps add a cool down period).

As presented in the patch notes, this is a problem that will cause endless whining.
    • Up x 8
  14. TehGrimZa

God no.... no more F'n SMG's or Shotguns anymore. Add interesting rifles, that can compete! SMGs+Shotties = brain dead skill
  15. Alexandrix

not returned.Retuned.they changed the cost of the item.
  16. WUNDER8AR

Implantz...nailed it.

Coming up next:
    Hobo with a two Shotguns: gives you the ability to dual wield shotguns
    Auto-aim: centers your crosshair on enemies nearby
    Adrenalin boost: increases your sprint speed and HP by 25%

stay tuned for more!
    • Up x 13
  17. Salganos

Re-tuned, not returned. The prices will be changed, but almost certainly not refunded at all.

Edit: ninja'd
  18. Mekaniz

I want to see on the death-screen what P2W implant of shame was the guy using.
    • Up x 18
  19. llPendragon

One of these things is not like the others...
  20. GrinNfool

I'm gonna echo what everyone else is saying on this.... limited time implants are a bad idea. If you cert for them you should have access to them, and you could even improve functionality of implants by spending more certs. If you want to make them temporary then make people spend infantry resources to apply one for 1-2 hours. The temporary item bought with certs/sc is just a bad move balance wise.

At the very least they shouldn't be purchasable for SC if they are temporary.
    • Up x 12