Game Update 13: What to expect and when.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Pikachu

Aaaah tomorrow it comes. I can't wait to see Esamir. :D
  2. Vanon

Agreed.... It's been a bit to much of "lets try this" and "lets add this cosmetic or gun" that has little effect on gameplay, and not enough "this basic thing needs to be fixed for everyone" type stuff. It feels like beta again, when they are getting stuff fixed and added that effect everyone. I'm really looking forward to the new ESF weapons, and the like. The pistols though i feel as if they where carbon copy's of the default guns with a change to one variable (bigger clip, 2x fire mode etc). Was hopeing for a real faction specific pistol.
  3. Vanon

Depends who is leading your squad. Lattice is designed to make a fight happen in an area. You can flank the area. I never have a problem flanking in Indar with a decent group. Where it hurts is when one side has a large pop advantage, as it forces head on fights. I much rather have something to shoot personally then stealth caping. That being said, Esimir's lattice is alot nicer then indars in my oppinion. less funnely and more strategic, and unlike Indar which is all canyons, it allows for the easy flanking that alot of people complain about on indar
  4. Vanon

No its not. In it's current from it acts like a lower tier SMG at close range, and like a lower tier carbine at long range. It's one of those middle of the road guns that is good at all but great at none. It does need a little boost, which should be an RPM boost and not a damage boost, as it needs love at close range. It's mid range game is great for an SMG, it does 100 damage at range. An RPM boost would just make it more forgiving in CQB.
  5. whitupiggu

Damage drop off doesn't matter when the cylone starts out so much higher and has the same min damage. Right now it is a sidegrade. Giving up the close range damage of the cyclone for a longer effective range and higher rof. You drop the rof and and raise the damage and its just a ****** cyclone.
  6. Messaiga

No because it still has a longer effective range and higher ROF. It still would have lower damage per shot. To put it simply, it would be an Eridani that trades ROF for range and ammo.
  7. whitupiggu

Except the NC doesn't have access to the eridani.

Also with 698rpm it would barely be higher than the cyclone(652rpm).
  8. Messaiga

That is to limit it's DPS since it has extra range. It would have a TTK very similar to a weapon firing at 600 RPM, 167 damage per bullet, or 500 RPM and 200 damage per bullet. But it's TTK would be slower than all other SMG's since it is better at range. It would become a competitive option rather than just a mediocre carbine for the Infiltrator class.

Also no dur the NC doesn't have the Eridani, but this is an NS weapon meaning it is available to all factions.
  9. whitupiggu

That is how it is now. Why change it? If you want a carbine-lite get a scout rifle. It seems you just want to completly replace them.

Why would I, as NC, care about how it compares to VS guns?
  10. Messaiga

First off, asymmetrical balance. For any weapon that have to be balanced in comparison to every other weapon available to that class, and because this is an NS weapon, this means in comparison to any small arms weapon of any faction.

Secondly it would not replace carbines since it has a lower minimum damage, lower projectile speed, recoil is somewhat harder to control than some carbines. The reason I say the NS SMG needs buffs is that, it trades off too much damage for it to really work as an SMG. Right now, against any infantry with no nanoweave it takes 8 bullets to kill assuming you do not miss a single shot. Against any infantry with nanoweave 2 it takes 9 shots to kill.

Against any infantry with Nanoweave 5 it takes 10 bullets to kill. Against a Heavy Assault with Nanoweave 5 and Resist Shields it takes 15 bullets to kill. If you miss shots, it is even more bullets. My point here is that the TTK against infantry with this SMG is too long considering that this is an SMG, I figured that 698 RPM and 143 damage per bullet would be more balanced as a ranged SMG because it is up to par with most default carbines, AR's, or LMG's (But it is still less than every other SMG, trading off DPS for a longer effective range, but still less than that of carbines, AR's, or LMG's). It has worse recoil than most carbines, AR's, or LMG's, less minimum damage, and just cannot replace those types of weapons.

The DPS of most default carbines, LMG's, or AR's ranges from about 1650 to 1790. The highest DPS of all SMG's is about 1890, and the highest DPS of any infantry based small arms weapon in the game is about 2013.
  11. whitupiggu

I meant you want to completely replace scout rifles. If the changes you want to make happened then there would never be a reason to use a scout rifle.
  12. Pikachu

GU13 download, why have you not started yet?
  13. Imposer

I was just coming here to ask why the servers aren't down yet. Seems like you beat me to it. Try checking Facebook, Twitter or Reddit, they seem to post small things (eg. not game update lists) there first.
  14. TimberWoff

GU 13, where art thou?
  15. MrK

F5 F5 F5 F5
  16. Pikachu

Maybe Higby got stuck in the bathroom.
  17. ovakin

Got teased with new Esamir, but no update.
    So I pull out my gun!

[IMG]
  18. Imposer

The best part is that it's been about 3 hours and nobody from SOE has said anything about what's going on. I love our devs but I wish they would tell us what's happening.
  19. Being@RT

My guess: They have a very strict job hierarchy. And the guy who is supposed to tell the guy responsible for telling the guy who posts on forums is on holiday. And the guys who have permission to be in contact with the playerbase don't actually play the game themselves, so they wouldn't notice small things like this on their own.

Maybe they've even been told not to play so they can remain objective.

edit: :eek: 37MB ninja delay of GU13?
  20. Vertigo102

This is why Planet side 2 dev teams are the best in the business they are great listeners and actually post weather your suggestion is good or bad and how it could impact the game as well as if it makes it into the game in a later patch.

Props to the dev team! Keep up the great work