Game Update 13: What to expect and when.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Badname2490

SO how much are the implants? 700 SC each? Keep saying it's not a P2W game please lol.
    • Up x 9
  2. eldarfalcongravtank

looking forward to the esamir changes and new vanu weapon sounds! not really looking forward to the new vanu pistol and NS smg! also still unsure about those implants

doesnt matter, you guys do an AWESOME JOB! i love how you keep supporting & updating this great game!!;)
  3. RHINO_Mk.II

Something tells me Sensor Shielding is going to be the only viable implant at high level play.
    • Up x 6
  4. PS2Freak

"Very quick center speed" (ns smg)

what is the meaning of it ? never before heard of "center speed" .

Glad Esamir is done (You did great work on this) -> ... I feel.... HOSSIN is near :)
  5. Blarg20011

Probably CoF reset or something
  6. Nixcker

If you want to destroy the game you can just close the servers you dont have to destroy the gameplay and fun tottally.
    • Up x 14
  7. Alexandrix

If I had to make a guess,that probably means the CoF bloom settles a little quicker than the other SMG's.
  8. Razzun

Having lattice on Esamir makes me hate this update. The updates to the platoon management does not compensate for my hate of lattice.

And again nothing on the black camos for NC.
    • Up x 3
  9. LanceHavenbay

annddddddddddd... here is the pay to win I really hoped I'd not have to see... *sigh*

If you are going to implement features that can be exploited in a fashion to make the game pay-to-win, please be very careful to make the cert cost no more expensive than cash.

I really do not want to see large outfits start to encourage paying for implants in order to be part of a spec ops team that cannot be seen by thermal or autospoters. Especially considering that Infiltrators are pretty ******* under-powered as it is. Snipers have to go out of their way and keep moving, because it is so easy to spot them. If they are spotted every time they hit someone... :/ Sorry, but you're ****** as a sniper.

Removing effects of concuss/emp/flash. Please remove that implant from the game. That is a bit op for an implant.

Esamir base design looks AMAZING, however... I feel like the walls need a bit more... entrances. A bit stale imo. However, it does make for a pretty fun idea of Light Assaults swarming over the walls like the Bugs in Starship Troopers. xDDDD

If this game becomes pay to win, I'm out. Been here since beta/put hundreedds of dollars in to support you guys. Please don't shoot yourself in the foot.

Better idea... may be to make implants cost infantry resources... encourage people to buy boosts, but not cripple people who don't have tons of money or certs.
    • Up x 28
  10. ReformerTR

Implants wont be used after a while people will not want to spend there certs/Sc on something that lasts a few hours. Esamir sounds great looking forward to it.

Are they still fixing the MCG when scoped bug?
    • Up x 1
  11. Krogan

Not played for a few months but coming back and seeing how SOE is pushing the Pay to win model to insane heights with these implants I might just stay away.
    • Up x 14
  12. Fenrys

When I read that implants would be limited time use for certs or SC, I had to walk away from the computer after deleting the bookmarks for this forum, PSU, Higby's reddit, and contemplating uninstalling the game on the spot. After the initial shock wore off, I decided to make one last post and hope for the best.

If implemented as written, I'll probably stop playing.

Selling power and burning certs is a monstrously bad idea that will get PS2 thrown into the P2W garbage bin along side World of Tanks.
    • Up x 30
  13. Saqer

The plans for implants are TERRIBLE. Just completely terrible. The fact you can buy a new consumable that will be MANDATORY with station cash means you are officially making this P2W. You can dress it up how you want (ohhhh well it can be bought with certs toooo) but the fact that it is consumable, and that SC is an option means that at any competitive level of play you are gimping yourself unless you buy these.

This needs to go back to the drawing board. This needs to happen before it is released because if it does not happen now then the war against p2w is officially lost. Once this is live there will be no way for us as customers to get this changed short of abandoning the game.

There is still a lot of good in this game, please please please don't undo it with this bull.
    • Up x 29
  14. Areski

Is the cert point cost of implants going to be to unlock then further unlocked with resources, or individual implant uses unlocked using the cert points. The latter is likely to make the SC purchases much different because they don't cost progression to unlock. This is likely to lead to a schism where people who pay money are much more powerful than those who don't.
    • Up x 3
  15. Selentic

still no lock on nerfs?

:S
    • Up x 5
  16. Shanther

Please go no to those Implants. Most are too OP.
    • Up x 20
  17. mpal

I am really concerned about the concussion grenade one being abused in squad play. Imagine a bunch of shotgun users running onto a point, throwing concussions at their feet, just clearing the point since they wont get concussed.
    • Up x 7
  18. Pikachu

Impressive that they managed to do implants, Esamir update, implants, some ESF updates and new pistols in 1 GU. :eek:
    • Up x 2
  19. FrontTowardEnemy

You should be.
    • Up x 19
  20. DiHorizon

"Awareness: auto-spots enemies who damage you or that you damage"
    Seems like the natural counter. That and Q-spam.

Edit: for that matter, we need more diegetic feedback for spotting and radar. At the moment you can wander around a Radar Flash which is invisible to your radar and giving your position to the radar of every nearby enemy.