Game Update 13: What to expect and when.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Amouris

If these acquisition methods for implants go through I'm done spending money on PlanetSide. Terrible idea to have us rent game mechanics.
    • Up x 4
  2. DeadliestMoon

It's absolutely hilarious how people are now saying that implants are a bad idea when months ago people were posting on the roadmap how they'd love to see these in-game. It was probably mostly people from PS1 who said they loved it in PS1 and would like to see it in PS2 but if you would all take notice of my signature.
  3. Carisha

That was before they were limited time.
    If they where just another cert line it would be absolutely fine.
  4. supahitecjetfyta

dont really care about implants

what about chassis lights are they going to be made brighter?
    • Up x 1
  5. THUGGERNAUT

the "Enhanced Targeting" implant is the biggest slap in the face. we had this functionality with spotting from launch, then SOE nerfed spotting in multiple updates. now we have to buy functionality that we originally enjoyed for free.

I pity everyone currently subscribing to this game. even cash shop customers are getting boned, to a lesser extent.
    • Up x 3
  6. Grinnzz

Taking away health bars was for the "good of the game"!!!! that's why you have to pay to change it back.. it's no good for the game so it's gotta cost you to even it out.. >.> :p
    • Up x 2
  7. Agriv8

Interesting to see a VOIP management addition for platoons when VOIP itself has never worked for me and almost everyone else I know.
    • Up x 2
  8. Roland2TowerCame

Thank you for the ASC buff!
    Can we get slimmer Vanu weapons? From first person view they look very clunky and thick and we're all about being slick.
  9. ThundaHawkPS

Consumable implants will do more long-term damage to the PS2 player base than BFRs did to the first Planetside.
    100% serious.

The benefits (hp via targetting, being invisible to thermal, invisible to radar etc.) essentially are very close to "an over-the-top player-power benefit". If they are SC-only AND temporary-consumable... well... we had a good run.

Having spent hundreds of dollars and 60+ days in-game, I certainly don't wish an early grave upon Planetside 2 but, frankly, consumable implants in their projected state will gut the game.

So. Dear Devs. WARNING: do not kill game.

Love ThundaHawk
    • Up x 5
  10. Pikachu

This! All colors of chassis lights should be clearly visible in daylight against any surface.
  11. ghnurbles

This needs a clause stating that it doesn't activate when recieving fire from a suppressed gun. Because if you're carrying a suppressed gun and flanking the enemy, the prospect that you might spot yourself when shooting someone (with no way of knowing before shooting) is *terrible*.
    Clear Vision is a bit too specific for me to be happy about equipping it. It's the sort of thing that's likely to be useful for a few minutes after I equip it, then not come up again for the rest of the implant duration. Also when it does help it completely negates the resources that someone else spent, which is unfair. It seems better to add the effects of this implant to Battle Hardened (as a partial reduction rather than full protection), instead of having it as its own implant.
    Again this is far to specific for me to be happy about equipping it, and completely negating someone else's use of resources seems poor. I'd rather see this implant removed, or added as a partial effect to Sensor Shield (where it would make sense as electro-magnetic shielding).
    EOD HUD is another that seems a bit too situational, but it would combine into a single implant with Enhanced Targeting very nicely.
    Another pair that would work nicely as a single implant (Sturdy, for example), as reducing fall damage is unlikely to be useful for most of the implant duration after equipping.
    Yet another obvious pairing, with Thermal Reduction being the too-situational-by-itself implant.

I agree that such implants would need feedback to avoid causing high frustration, but as stated above I think they shouldn't be completely countering items that cost resources anyway. What I *would* like to see is a bit of feedback for Nanoweave Armor, Advanced Shield Capacitor and maybe Flak Armor (I intensely dislike the guesswork that Nanoweave adds to infantry gameplay as an invisible health buff and would like to see it nerfed or removed, but if it must stay in its current state then it's badly in need of some kind of indicator).

This and the Beamer both have a higher RoF than is practical for a semi-auto. They need to be made automatic or otherwise adjusted.

Bar the Solstice's whirr-down, these are great. It's like the Beamer is actually saying "pew pew pew" as you fire it.
  12. Roland2TowerCame

While they do throw off my shots every now and again, I can't imagine using Battle Hardened. The shake really adds oomph to the experience. I look forward to Sensor Shield and Awareness. How does it work when these two collide?
  13. Roland2TowerCame

They clearly said you could buy them with certs, so stop panicking.
    This also answers the question of what I'll be doing with certs once I max out everything I want.
  14. Agriv8

While we're at it lets implement the ability to unlock camouflage on a per character basis with certs. I've posted on it before but that's selling a tactical advantage. In fact the same could be said for vehicle horns, they're an extremely useful tool not a vanity item. But hey games now a days want to play the toy store game. I miss the days when I only payed a company 15 dollars a month, thought nothing else of money, and was given the royal treatment.
  15. Morrow

Where's my shotty pistol? :(
  16. 660/12

PLEASE DON'T make implants purchasable with SC!

They wanted feedback, here it is!
    • Up x 3
  17. BermudaOne

I'm surprised they didn't make implants purchasable with resources. I thought that would have added to the importance of resources and given infantry something to buy with resources that actually had something to remotely do with gun play rather than utilities... but, oh well I guess...
  18. Agriv8

• Up x 1
  19. Le_Fou

Bring back stamina and implants slots with BR, make them free but limited!
  20. Redemer

in my opinion the implant thing is stupid either use infantry points for make em permanent dont make it just another cash cow plz