Game Update #1 - LA Class Concerns

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Raap, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Raap

I haven't had a chance to play yet after the patch, but to me this sounds like a nasty nerf to the Light Assault class. Weren't we supposed to "get some love"? Seeing as all our weapons are 40 round carbines, and we fire on the move a lot (while flying with the Jet Pack as well), this seems like an uncalled for nerf.

Meanwhile, Jet Packs and the related certs remain broken. C4 is still unresponsive, and expensive in both cert cost and resource cost, unless they stealth fixed them?

Atleast they fixed the bug where flying into terrain stops the Jet Pack.

Exactly how many slow firing carbines exist in the game? Atleast on the TR side, there isn't much difference. They're all fairly fast firing, 40 round weapons. Essentially, is this a buff to non-carbines, specificly non-TR carbines? I'm slightly confused, perhaps someone can clear this up.

Post your thoughts.
  2. doctorzais

well needed nerf for TR
    • Up x 1
  3. Deschain

they added the best LA riffle to the game but gave it to the Medics :), this kinda says it all.

Terran Republic:The TAR will provide the best hip fire of this empires assault rifles.
    The T32 Bull will provide an adaptable solution to long or short range combat but has a slow reload.

New Conglomerate:
    The Carnage BR is now available. This medium-fast fire rate assault rifle has good hip fire and range limiting recoil.
    The Anchor light machine gunprovided good mobility and a 45 round magazine.

Vanu Sovereignty:
    The Corvus assault rifle has a slow rate of fire but compensates with deadly accuracy.
    The Ursa light machine gun will provide a slightly lower rate of fire but extreme accurate fire.

Medic and HA only Weapons, wtf are you smoking, Medics dont need hip fire LA's do.
  4. Ipecac

Medics are allowed to hip fire too? Just because it's the best TR hipfire AR doesn't mean it's better than the equivalent TR carbine or other empire's hipfire carbines.

Overall this seems to have been the "TR guns were slightly OP" patch; hopefully the changes aren't too drastic.
  5. Plague Rat

It shouldn't be too bad. From what I'm hearing on the TR carbines you probably won't notice the accuracy decrease until the last 10-15 rounds. Conceptually TR guns were supposed to sacrifice accuracy for high ROF and mags, as it stands they're just as accurate if not more-so than the other armies during sustained fire, so I guess this is just how they're trying to smooth that out.

Also I believe the 'slow firing carbine' for the TR is the T5 AMC, but calling any TR gun slow firing is a joke in and of itself. Not sure if that'll get the accuracy increase or not.
  6. Urquhart

There are no NC Carbines with 40 rounds/mag.

So yes, this is a TR specific change, not sure if and which of the vanu CBs are affected
  7. Sharmanti

Yeah now we have the worst infantry, aircraft and tanks. Good job whiners.
  8. Rocksteady777

Whiners also broke aircraft...again
  9. Achmed20

in b4 whine
    aaah damit, im to late
    • Up x 2
  10. Arcanum

How is the Mosquito the worst aircraft? Have you even had time to test if you're really the worst infantry before saying that?
    Your turn to whine back, friend.
  11. gunfox

It's not like the TR carbines are absolutely ******* useless at mid range so it's not even worthwile to put even a x2 scope on it.

wait
  12. Sharmanti

Well, the mosquito has really nothing to offer. It's a mediocre aircraft. It's semi-good at dogfighting and semi-good at a2g. However, the reaver beats it in speed and attackpower and the scythe completely destroys it in AA. It has litteraly nothing compared to those 2.

Based on that we got nerfed and the VS and NC got buffed in a fight that was already veeeeeeery even (atleast with the vanu). Yes, TR should now lack any advantage over the other factions. We might still beat NC in cqc, however in medium range they should win, as they did before
  13. Swiftstrike

Also, for NC LA.

Explains soooooo much.

Probably one of the best fixes for LA:
  14. Arcanum

No. It's true that the Mosquito used to be a lot slower(basically a crippled Reaver), but they fixed that. I don't know anything for sure about the default noseguns other than that the Reaver has more damage per shot. I've read pilots say the mossie's nosegun has less CoF, but I don't know.
  15. doctorzais

Prowler is far from the worst tank. It is the best from close range while the Magrider is best from long range and Vanguard is best from mid range.

Reaver got nerfed by the way so Mossies are now faster.

As for your infantry, you guys still got the best LMG and AR.

I expect TR to continue to dominate.
  16. Novmiech

Its a TR Carbine /AR nerf.
    Its a NC Carbine / AR / LMG buff.
    (More or less - with a couple exceptions)

The nerf doesn't effect you if you arn't running and gunning (shooting while moving) - which you really shouldn't be.
    The buff doesn't effect the enemy unless they are running and gunning - which they really shouldn't be.

Seems fine.
  17. Arcanum

How is the Prowler the best at close range? When did the Reaver get nerfed, how was it nerfed? Are you referring to the problem other players are reporting in the NC buff thread, which wasn't in the patch notes?

The only way that makes sense is if you deploy and punch through your opponents' shield. Or maybe I'm completely wrong, I don't like tanks.
  18. Yalk

You serious?

Can't tell if serious
  19. Sharmanti

Well on our server the vanu screws us over every time they get together and decide to just get 10 magriders with 3 scythes to support. then they can just steaaaaaaaaaaamroll right through everything we have
  20. Sharmanti

No... the reaver has the highest speed when it matters, when diving and attacking fast. Also I've heard that reavers can do some sick stunts because of this feat.

Mos has the highest cruise speed. I.e. the speed you have when getting from point a to b. Completely useless
    • Up x 1