Game Shutting Down On Its Own

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nogitsune, Jun 23, 2013.

1. VikingVR

311.06 doesn't sound right. How did you end up with that? Let's try this again. What you want to do is un-install anything in your "Programs and Features" in the control panel that has "nVidia" in it. Just run down the list and uninstall them. Once you've removed everything, install the following drivers GeForce 314.22 Driver.
  2. NaniteSystems

I got help from SOE. Did a whole bunch of things to try and fix the problem. I switched my drivers successfully to 314.22 and revalidated some files in Planetside 2, but it crashed on me today suddenly. I'm beginning to think twice about playing this game at all...
  3. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Pm Sean, Jesse, Niall and myself your ticket reference number so we can look it over to see if there is anything we missed.
  4. Phosis T Karr

I am also having the same problem as well except I had the Geforce 314 driver installed before Game Update 13 and afterwords.
  5. Advent1s

My game did this and i chalked it up to me having all the old Ultra settings on, which while nice to look at, just isn't worth it.
  6. VikingVR

I've heard about the old ultra settings causing issues, and most people will wipe the useroptions.ini and start a new. Curious, what are the SOE CSRs now recommending for fix actions for CTDs (unless it's hardware malfunctions like GPUs overheating)?
  7. Jairo02

hey, i had the same problem, and fixed by changing the version of my windows from 32 bits, to 64 bits. idk why or what could be causing the issue, but might be how the game loads information coliding with how ur windows reads information. thats my guess, hope i helped and carry on.
  8. Gheeta

This is wide spread issue which would suggest there is a rather severe bug with the game itself, as far as i know almost everyone is crashing while flying some more frequently than others.

What i have observed:

1. Crashing is extremely rare while playing on the ground
    2. Happens all the time while flying
    3. Flying in to a heavily populated area for the first time seems to be the most common cause
    4. Had two completely identical crashes flying from zurvan to crown which had a large fight at the time
    5. If you have already loaded or been in the area everything seems stable
    6. Game just freezes for a second or two then shuts down without any error messages even from windows