Game Opening Fault

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pandora's Lunchbox, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Hieronymus

Got same issue, although I got no problems considering planetside 2 spamming my recources, constant 2GB ram use and a peak of 80% total in CPU (with other stuff), also increasing its priority didnt improve this at all.
    Planetside 2 simply loads Hossin, shows the background of the map, does some battle sounds and then all it does is occupying my screen and said recources
    Laggs in other things didnt occur at any time
    There goes my Certs...
    I mean I can play other games too, watch anime kick our neightbours cat out of our garden...
    But its double XP weekend
    • Up x 1
  2. royaldarknes

same problem,too (right the damn 2x exp time for 3 day)
  3. JRoc

can anybody fix this!!!!
    • Up x 3
  4. 000AmidimA000

Same exact problem as OP. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I tried updating my graphics drivers. Nothing works. The fault is not on our end, it's definitely on theirs. That update was a nightmare.
  5. belabartok

Hi,
    Same problem for me... WE double XP => WE 0 XP

For test, I've created a new character and after ~ 30 seconds of the tutorial the game freeze.

Windows 7 64 bit
    Core Duo E8500
    Geforce 560 Ti
  6. K'Tnae

Made a new character on Miller, and managed to get in to the tutorial, then it froze.
    Considering the new update and the XP weekend, I believe that the issue is something to do with the volume of traffic causing small bugs to cause massive problems.
  7. neil3k1

exactly the same behaviour as me.

Cancelled my sub until this is patched.
  8. Glykon

This is incredible, 2 days lost already and obviously they wont fix untill working days. Damn console kids self proclaimed "devs"
    • Up x 1
  9. Pandora's Lunchbox

Not every update, but more or less most of the major ones. Ninja updates seem to be on and off with their effect on my system.

I noticed a patch today that was around 41mb...made no difference.
  10. Pandora's Lunchbox

I reinstalled the game from scratch - twice (once from Daybreak and once using Steam), but it has made no difference to the faults I initially described. Even today's ninja update made no difference.
  11. Pandora's Lunchbox

Doesn't appear to have been tested, does it? Perhaps it has - but, if that's the case, then I guess it's safe to assume that they're testing it on pretty much the same systems. Five computers don't speak for hundreds of thousands and so on.

Do you guys remember the first Valkyrie update, where it was introduced into the mainstream servers? That royally ****** up my game - it was completely unplayable. Sure, it would open: but I was subject to total screen-freezing for three seconds every five seconds (regardless of my position or actions in game). Nothing changed it, not even graphics and preferences settings.

Daybreak and SOE have a diabolical history of updates.
  12. Pandora's Lunchbox

Bad game design. I said it before and I'll say it again: some other, better company with more 'muscles' will come along, see PlanetSide 2 and think 'hell, no - let us give that a try'. They'll rip it off and make something leagues better.
  13. Pandora's Lunchbox

MAJOR IDEA UPDATE:

Speaking of the Valkyrie update...this whole ordeal, now, is practically screaming 'memory leak'. Well done, Daybreak. Again. Guess this one won't be fixed for six months, like last time. Isn't that why you abolished the x32 version?

Eat up my money and then destroy my product. You're playing a dangerous game, developers. You don't **** with your customers like that.
    • Up x 1
  14. deathwish200k

i dish out 120 for 12 months of game play now i cant even play :( it loads the game all i get when it get to map is a black screen is anyone else getting that or as anyone found a way to fix that
  15. Cremation

most likely they'll fix it after double xp weekend is over...shame :(
  16. LGhost1904

The problem is dual core processors. The minimum requirements for the game have been quad core processors ever since Dec. 14th, dual cores still worked though. There's no telling if they will make the game work for dual cores again or not.
  17. Glykon

Bleah, another "fix" downloaded and still the same problem. The only thing thats changed is that I see now Amerish trying to load not Hossin anymore...
  18. royaldarknes

19. Pandora's Lunchbox

They changed their minimum specifications and that is enough for me to assume that this company don't know much about their own game. My processor as well as hundreds of other dual-core models are perfectly capable of handling this game and/or even more demanding games, if it came to it.

At any rate, guys, I doubt highly that this is a processor issue. Rather, I think the fault we're all getting...
    ...(more or less), looks remarkably similar to the Valkyrie update's induced memory leak - which, by the way, wasn't fixed even remotely properly for at least six months. The point that I am making is that there is no excusing breaking a purchased product and then claiming that my stuff is no longer compatible with the game. Do I seem unreasonable? The game worked the night before last, almost perfectly. Now that they've introduced this let's-make-Halberd-obsolete ********, I can't even get my game to open properly.

I remember being told to look at my processes and core monitors to observe anything abnormal at the point the game totally crashes. I did just that and, hey, what do you know? Both cores did exactly the same thing they did when the last memory leak was set loose on us.

What I find interesting is this habit of Daybreak damaging the game, but each time doing progressively more damage. Again, take the Valkyrie incident, for instance - at least then we could open up the game. Now, we can't even do that to experience loss of whatever, because whatever can't even load properly.
  20. Papitas

same issue after all updates.