[BUG] Game No Longer Uses GPU Properly

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AlcyoneSerene, Apr 27, 2019.

1. AlcyoneSerene

Noticed today there was another ~50 MB patch, which broke the game for me with really poor responsiveness.

Yesterday it was fine, nice and smooth but not perfectly so, and my mouse issue (already reported) resolved somewhat after more hotfixes and updating my 1080gtx drivers to the newest.

Today, I noticed the game performance dropped to unplayable levels, it's really difficult to aim as if the mouse responsiveness is heavy.

Strongly suspecting the culprit to be whatever that patch did which minimized GPU workload. My fans used to run high, GPU temps would be around 55-60c iirc, now it doesn't. I can't play like this at all, had to abandon PL for a mentor platoon with very low BR players too.

Did a tweak by setting the .exe of client and game to run in compatibility mode for win98 (in Win10), with admin privileges, and low notification for admin. It worked for a few minutes, the GPU started up, but then revered back to how it is now:

Anyone else having this game breaking problem? Any workarounds I could try?

[IMG]
  2. MUTALISKUS

YES ON THE FIRST DAY WORKED BETTER !!!! NOW AGAIN LAGS