game loads, loading slows, stops, game dies

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Inzababa

It just dies. No error message, no message at all even, no sound, nothing, the PS2 game screen just dissapears instantly.

This has happened before, I remember a few times, most of them (I think?) just after a patch.

If I recall, I had made a ticket with support last time who recommended I delete my user options file and start again.

Although that did seem to have fix it, I'm wondering if there's anything else I could do to avoid the pain-in-the-***-process of setting up all my user options again?

Would, for example, copying the user options to another folder, and then pasting them to the new "fresh" user options work?
  2. Inzababa

PS. nvm seems to have worked after a few tries. However it says servers are still down even though the daybreak official server status shows they are up, ah well, "c'est la vie"
  3. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

It continues to happen to me. Started Yesterday, exact same symptom. Deleted PS2 and test, downloaded and reinstalled. It happened within 5 minutes of going to Indar. What is going on? I thought it was me. Screen just goes back to desktop. No msg, no nothing. Just BAM, to desktop.
  4. Inzababa

I have no idea, it may sound stupid, but first try reboot PC. Once u did that, maybe (maybe) clear the user settings folder, verify files using the launcher options etc.

I didn't have to do that, I kinda just tried and tried and tried again, and in the end it worked and never happened again, gl!