Game keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AdrIneX, Dec 10, 2012.

1. WolframNHart

I'm getting this same issue.
    I know this, all week and all weekend it worked flawlessly. Played all Sunday night too. Then all of a sudden on Monday morning, I developed this crash to desktop that occurs every 15 minutes.

In my mind, its a result of one of two things, either a patch came out Sunday night or early Monday morning that caused this.
    or
    Nvidia's new drivers messed it up. My drivers are set to auto-update and I see that I have the latest drivers that came out on Dec 10th;just happens to be the day that the crashing started.

Nvidia 480GTX
    i7
    8gbs ram
  2. THEONYXHERO

Same thing here, keep crashing today, so far 3x... I rarely if ever crashed before.

MSI gtx 670
    i5 3570k
    8GB RAM
  3. VirtualRaptor

Same here.
  4. questarey

same here. playing on windows 7. yesterday i was playing when suddenly my game crashed to desktop (planetside2.exe stopped responding). Now when i open the launcher and click play i get the same error before the game even loads. tried the repairtool via the launcher but that doesn't change anything :(
  5. Tarts200

6. WolframNHart

Ok, I FOUND A SOLUTION! Yay.

If your issue started Monday morning Dec. 10th, then it is because of Nvidia's driver update. Roll back your drivers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...f_you_started_having_technical_issues_on_mon/
  7. SS1305

Hi Everyone,

I too am experiencing major lag and crashing with PS2.
    I had downloaded/Installed game on the 18th/Dec and it completed on the 19th/Dec.
    Have been playing PS2 fine up until Monday afternoon (24th/Dec) when issue occured
    Game works fine when I am in the character creation/selection screen, there are no issues what so ever
    However, approx 10min into the gameplay it would dramatically lag, frame rate would dramatically drop, and then eventually the game will not respond (note: I played FarCry3 with the in game graphics settings set to to the highest setting and the game runs smoothly without any issues. I have also tested other games and they too work fine. Issue is only with PS2!)
    I have in game graphics settings for PS2 set to HIGH for all the settings
    I would have to use the Task Manager to end the PS2 application (status: Not Responding)
    Then a pop up window appears telling me that PlanetSide2.exe is not responding and it prompts me to check for a solution.... I would just click "Close the Windows can check online for a solution....
    I am currently playing PS2 on the Briggs server (AU)
    I had tried playing on another server, Woodman server (EU), and the exact same issue occured
    I am currently a premium member for PS2 (on the Briggs server).... so can you please address/provide an update on this issue ASAP.
    NOTE: I am from Australia, so the time/date mentioned above are according to Australia (Sydney) Time Zone/Date.
    My PC info:
    Processor: Intel i7 3970X
    Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Storage: 128 GB SSD
    Graphics card: Asus Geforce GTX 690
    Sound card: Asus Xonar Phoebus

Kind Regards,
    SS
  8. SS1305

I had forgotten to place punctuations and edit my post... my bad :p