game freezes on redeploy

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Louis Farrakhan, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firmware

After freezing up 3 times in the space of 30 minutes, I just gave up on playing last night.

Honestly SOE, 20 pages and thousands of views on this thread and you feel no need to comment. Your customer service makes EA's look good.
    • Up x 1
  2. blueangleofdeath

I may have found a work around for this problem that's fixes this with a slight degree of crashing on respawn/deploy plus a slight up in frames. First go to C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2 folder and then find PlanetSide2.exe. Right click on PlanetSide2.exe and properties then go to the compatibility tab and check run as admin and click apply and ok to close and fire up the game.
  3. GerrTier

lol, this really helps?
  4. blueangleofdeath

It does for me. The run as admin can do odd things in games sometimes on win 7. Something as getting stuff to be displayed to reading files correctly and the list goes on. Sometimes the simplest fix fixes things. It's a five second fix if it works for you great if not it takes no time to reverse it.
  5. Dreamspell

I have had run as admin set since forever, no difference on my side.
  6. MajiinBuu

It freezes all the time on me. Just now, after restarting the game after it froze, the game froze on the first deploy leaving the warpgate.
    I'm afraid It will freeze at the last minute and I will get nothing from the alert.
  7. GerrTier

Hmm. I just played full 2 hrs alert without freezes. Maybe Im lucky or run as admin really helps
  8. nitram1000

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeh this is getting old pretty fast, getting a bit tired of it. I get about 10 mins of gameplay before I get redeploy crash. I'm just getting bored of all these bugs, cmon guys stop ruining your own game, Battlefield 4 is almost out and yeh, just fix it ffs.
  9. haldolium

Executing PS2 with administrator rights helped me just now after 3 crashes in a row.
  10. Croft

Changing the administrator rights did not helped me, crashed in my first redeploy...
  11. blueangleofdeath

I did say with a slight degree of crashing on respawn/deploy still being present. I'm curious are you running client or steam? I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but it might. It also seems like this works for some but not all but that's always expected.
  12. Rulistic

13. Croft

I launch the game via Steam, tought i dont think that is what is causing my game to freeze whenever it wants.
  14. Slainte Mhath

I'm going to make a new thread to see if it attracts any SOE response, but this "100% crash" has now made the game unplayable for me. I play with an outfit, and we do ops nightly. When I'm crashing every third redeploy it means I'm constantly holding up the rest of my squad, or running to catch up to them after dropping in from warpgate on squad leader. Tonight we were fighting on Indar when an Alert fo Indar started. I was in squad, in platoon, in ops. I got the redeploy crash, and this time didn't make it back in time to save my squad spot or my spot on Indar. Now I can't even play on the same continent at my outfit, and I won't get to participate in the alert. This is not the first time this has happend, but it is the last.

Way to go SOE, your ignoring this issue has just cost you a PAYING customer. Thanks for nothing. Guess I'll go play Guild Wars 2, at least Arenanet cares about their paying customers.
  15. Kinya

Yeah, similar for me. I like this game but yesterday it froze up 2 times in 10 minutes. I didn't come back to game after 2nd time...
  16. Mythical1

Had the game completely crap out for me tonight during the alert, just froze up during battle and crashed. So I killed it, re-logged, got back in, went to redeploy on my platoon, and 100% freeze.......................................

Doing taxes is more fun than this ****!!!!
    • Up x 1
  17. sozo

same here very very old
  18. blueangleofdeath

I'm using client so I'm not sure if things work a little differently.

for steam users the game files can be found here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common

Also for this to work do not set admin rights on the shortcut as the shortcut opens the Launchpad not the actual planetside2.exe set admin rights only the actual planetside2.exe.
    To those who say this doesn't work please tell me if you are on client or on steam.
  19. haldolium

Did you set the PS2.exe as described above to admin rights?

I'm too using steam with overlay enabled so that alone shouldn't be the factor here.
  20. Dreamspell

I have PS2 installed through Steam, but I run the game without Steam open (using the LauchPad.exe). I have both the LaunchPad and PlanetSide2 executables set to run as admin and it still freezes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.