[Suggestion] Game Feedback: its boring. :/

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Basti, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Nytguard

I think too many players come to PS2 expecting features found in other FPS and MMO games, while failing to understand that PS2 is an open world PvP sandbox that is constantly evolving over time. If you're not having fun playing the way you are, or with the players you're with, or on the server you chose, then switch it up and give it a week or 2.

You don't need to be part of a large outfit or require that SOE hold your hand in providing an objective. It's a sandbox, which leaves the game up to the players to establish tactics to accomplish capturing objectives or repelling an overwhelming enemy zerg force. SOE provides us with an amazing environment, set of gameplay rules, while arming all 3 factions with weapons and vehicles.

Small outfits whining about zergs (which, by the way can be multiple small outfits fighting at the same location) is seriously old. Try analyzing the map activity and play more strategically. There's a LOT that smaller outfits can accomplish that can assist larger outfits holding the front line. For example, they can prepare large facilities with downed generators, hacked terminals, and pre-deployed sunderers. Or, they can capture and hold base satellites. Or, cut off an enemy continent push by flipping hex regions behind the enemy front line.

Less QQ and more pew pew. Be more creative and strategic, you'll find your outfit more respected among both friendly outfits and the enemy as well. Most importantly, you'll have more fun playing with a positive attitude!
  2. Stigma

I sort of agree... I actually wouldn't mind to see some "5hr battles" once in a while.

Why? Because you are never forced to participate in a drawn out siege if you don't want to. There are always at least half a dozen ways to push forward - and the enemy can't be holding all the routes in all directions with a massive defensive force.

Some enjoy a clusterfrack grind (actually a LOT of people going by what maps tend to be THE most popular ones in pretty much all multiplayer games that have selectable maps...) there is nothing wrong with that. Let those people that enjoy that engage in it. As long as there are always options I see absolutely no harm.

The situation as we have it now is that pretty much no battles last for any significant period of time - with the exception of the odd biolab fight now and then. If the defensive force at a biolab reaches a certain critical mass of numbers it can be nearly impregnable. Every single other base in the game currently feels a lot easier to attack than to defend ironically. We really need to see some more defenders advantage overall.

No resistance and no feeling of semi-permanence makes capturing (and losing) bases something you just go "meh..." over.

-Stigma
  3. Stormlight666

The reason there aren't major battles: People keep running out of ammo and then have to find a sunderer (or an engie actually supplying ammo) to restock and that takes time. I know I keep griping about this but the most fun I had yesterday was standing outside the side of a tower holding back a zerg with my lock-on launcher (and the cannons firing from above). At least it's fun until you run out of ammo and no one comes to resupply your 5 rocket supply when you call for it.

The current setup doesn't allow groups to leave the spawn area to engage the enemies from more strategic points UNLESS they have an engie with them. Doubling the ammo capacity would help solve that and give people more room to actually maneuver to that amazing hill position overlooking the attack and being able to fire 10 rockets at the sundy you spot behind the lines, or for the sniper to have a few more rounds to help assist from afar, or that LA who gets himself in that sweet spot and only has a short firing span before they run out.
  4. Madmojo

I'm to the point where I'm ready to throw in the towel. I tried to be that helpful beta tester and play all the roles and factions and post feedback. I even made a long post outlining so many elements from PS1 that were overlooked and could still be used. It garnered a lot of positive feedback from other closed beta testers. Alas, nothing from that was implemented before launch e.g. Gen holds, giving BR purpose.

By my estimate the game is running on 12k active players with more leaving everyday. If the game falls short of expectation, oh well, it's F2P... I guess F2P is fast becoming the new gaming business model. Sadly, it removes so much accountability from developers and companies. I hope this is not the future of PC gaming because it doesn't look good.