Game error since yesterday

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Popescu Ion, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Popescu Ion

Hello,

Since I first tried yesterday to play the game, it continues to crash when loading. I've tried validating the files and reinstallation but it didn't work. Every time after I press the Play button on the launcher, the game opens with the load-in screen and after showing the progress bar advancing the game crashes and the game error G29 page opens. I checked the firewall settings and Planetside 2 is not blocked. I also tried to install it through Steam and the same thing happened. I also tried using a newly created account but the problem is the same.

What else can I do?
  2. rwar87

Same thing for me, I even tried an uninstall reinstall. Checked firewall and security multiple times.
  3. Vava31

You put Windows 10, no ? So... if you want that your game work, do the updates (Windows) !
  4. Popescu Ion

To be clear I'm running Windows 7 x64. I did dual boot Windows 10 for a while but i have deleted that partition along with every file on it. The game still worked on Windows 7 while I was dual booting with that OS.

If you are refering to the game itself, I mentioned I've reinstalled the it a couple of times and ofc the launcher updated the game files. I've also tried to validate the files but it still gives the same error. I've also tried it while the firewall was disabled and still it doesn't work.
  5. rwar87

I'm also running Windows 7 x64. I just shutdown the computer for the first time after a fresh install and it worked after turning it back on (not a restart a shutdown) finally. Before I did that I had switched windows account with the log off feature to test it on another windows account. No idea why it worked now....
  6. rwar87

A fresh install of Planet Side is what I meant. Maybe try a complete shutdown if you haven't yet
  7. Popescu Ion

I tried that, not working. I've just noticed something and I'm wondering if it's odd, in the Programs and features list I have 2 instances of Planetside 2 with one having publisher listed as Daybreak Game Company and the other as Sony Online Entertainment.

Something else I've noticed is that the installation folder has been changed to Users>Public>Daybreak Game Company, before it was Sony Online Entertainment. I guess it makes sense but I'm just wondering if they messed up when they did this (i presume) recent change. Maybe they forgot a file or two.

Just reporting that when the launchpad is opened in the taskmanager, two instances of GameLauncherCefChildProcess.exe*32 and an instance of Launchpad.exe*32. Is that right? Shouldn't they be x64? Also, what is that new CefChildProcess?
  8. rwar87

I think the launchpad is always 32bit, mine has always been. When I load launchpad the only processes that run are LaunchPad.exe and AwesomiumProcess.exe
  9. rwar87

No Idea what GameLauncherCefChildProcess.exe is. Once I click to load PlanetSide from the launcher only PlanetSide2_x64.exe is what remains.
  10. Popescu Ion

I think this is an important issue. i don't get awesomiumprocess.exe and I vaguely remember having it running in the past. Maybe I've done something to it and I don't remember, how could I get it back? Also, the GameLauncherCefChildProcess.exe*32 still has me wondering what the heck it is and why there are 2 instances of it running.

Here is what it looks like

http://i.imgur.com/Epo6hSg.jpg