Game Error G25

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by iiTrust, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Eyjafja1

I'd be really really grateful if you could send me the UserOptions.ini file, I just wanna play ps2!!! Here I leave my mail: miguelgf94@gmail.com Thanks a lot for the help!
  2. VortexRaid

Hey! It would be AMAZING if you could send me your UserOptions.ini. Here's my mail : kieranphillips00@gmail.com
    I really want to play PS2, it looks like an awesome game, but I just keep getting these annoying G25 errors! ARGH! :(
    You'd be a great help and I'd be really helpful if you could help you. Thanks!
  3. Razorkiller1337

It'd be awesome if you could send me a copy :D, I'd love to play this game until I get my new rig and either way you'll get my eternal thanks :D, trubkiller@gmail.com
  4. SuperNotJoe

5. Vertabrae

Just wanted to chime in and give a quick update. Due to work and family stuff (new baby) I don't have the time to play any more. I was planning to keep checking the forums and emailing UserOptions out to people, however my ancient computer finally passed away in a blaze of sparkling electricity (seriously, it went up like it was part of a Michael Bay movie), taking with it my saved UserOptions. Between the lack of time, and lack of a computer (using my phone to post here) I'm just not able to help out right now. Try posting in the General Section and asking for a copy of the UserOptions.ini. It doesn't need to be modified, because you can always do it yourself once you have a copy. I listed all the instructions on how and what to alter early on in this thread, along with instruction on where to install it.

I've got a custom gaming rig being built right now, should be done in a few days. However it's going to be a while before I have much free time to use it. My apologies guys, really wish I could be more help right now. Best of luck, and hope you can get someone else to email you a copy. Enjoy the game if you can get in, and start saving those pennies to upgrade if you can't.
  6. SkippsWithHipps

7. Jack rauh

I need one of those files too. My email is achmedfanane@gmail.com.
  8. Feralegator

Hey so since that Vertabrae had been giving others a copy of the UserOption.ini file I was wondering if anyone can e-mail me one as well. I would much appreciate it. My e-mail is: Feralegator0@hotmail.com.
  9. Ramseas119

do you know how I would do this through steam?
  10. Ramseas119

ive had problems with soe before, ive kinda stopped expecting anything from them, but I want to play this game with my brother who lives an hour away, anyway, can you send me the useroptions.ini file? if so thanks! my email is Noaheh14@hotmail.com
  11. schimanek

12. Dakiner

13. JVPLDDP

can anyone send me the Sony Online Entertainment file? i don't have it
  14. JVPLDDP

15. Conelvis

16. Schroedinger

This Game Error is driving me crazy. I started playing PS2 this morning and it just popped up. Opened my UsersOptions.ini file and checked my settings, restarted steam and nothing worked.
    I'm wondering because I played it yesterday with my own settings. My laptops hardware didn't changed since yesterday LOL !

any1 can help?
    sry for my bad english, i'm not a native speaker

cheers
  17. okts

18. okts

19. kashyap

20. xhrit

So I have not played ps2 since beta, when I rage quit and uninstalled due to the 10 minute crash to desktop bug. I tried again a few months ago, but the issue still persisted so I promptly uninstalled for a second time.

In any case, I have installed for a third time, after upgrading my PC so that I can play Elder Scrolls Online. My old machine was a 7 year old core 2 duo with 4gb ddr2 ram and a geforce 9600. My new machine is a brand new core i5 with 8gb ddr3. I did not buy a new video card however, and instead slotted a 'new in box' radeon HD 3850 that has been sitting in my closet since it was released, a video card that benchmarks better then both the gefore 9600 and the integrated Intel HD Graphics card built into my CPU. Elder Scrolls Online can run like a dream with everything on ultrahigh and hundreds of players pvping on screen.

Planetside 2, on the other hand pops an Error 25 when I try to start it. The way I see it, my choices are take the radeon video card out and use the onboard intel card, or put the old nvidia in. Both options bench lower then what I am currently using, and neither guarantees that Planetside 2 will actually work. So why bother?

A year after beta, 2 computers, and 3 different operating systems later, I have come to the conclusion that the problem here isn't me. The problem here is SOE. My current setup runs every other game I have tried to play just fine on the highest detail settings. Aion, Mechwarrior Online, Blacklight Retribution, World Of Tanks, Warthunder, Warframe, Firefall, ESO, Neverwinter, all ultrahigh with stable FPS. My old setup ran every game I have tried to play too, just on medium-low with occasional dips in framerates in hi-pop areas.

All except for Planetside 2, which has ranged in quality from 'barley playable' to 'totally unplayable'. This issue has pretty much made me write off both Planetside 2, as well as Everquest Next.

I've upped my game, Sony. Now it's time for you to up yours.