Game Error G25

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by iiTrust, Mar 18, 2013.

1. iiTrust

Okay so I was REALLY excited to play this game. And then someone pops up as It's loading. Game Error G25.
    Says my system may not meet the requirements. I sorta saw this coming , but was hoping it would work for me.
    Could someone help me , and tell me what to do to fix this problem ?
  2. vaxx

Easy, meet the minimum requirments.
  3. RedPsycho

What are your specs? Are you even close to min?
  4. iiTrust

Well how exactly do I check my specs ? Kind of a noob at this
  5. Vertabrae

The graphics setting is too high. Go into the UserOptions.ini file and lower them. The default settings are too high for your system to start the game. Turn everything down to 1. Turn off shadows, flora. Once your in game you can just set everything to Low. I had the same issue when I set everything to Ultra once. I just changed the INI file, then changed just once I was in game. Do that and it should let you play.
    • Up x 4
  6. Vertabrae

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=1
    TextureQuality=1
    ShadowQuality=1
    RenderDistance=1000.000000
    Gamma=1.000000
    MaximumFPS=100
    UseLod0a=1
    OverallQuality=1
    LightingQuality=1
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=1
    FloraQuality=0
    ModelQuality=1
    VerticalFOV=55
    ParticleLOD=0
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
    AO=0

[Terrain]
    RenderFlora=Off

Just to make it simpler. Right click the Planetside 2 icon, and go to Open File Location. Scroll down until you see UserOptions.ini. Click on it. Then change yours to look like what I pasted above. Or just copy and paste it. Those settings should get you into the game. Once in you can play around with settings and see what works best for you. Just FYI, you only have to change the parts I listed above, the rest of the stuff there stays the same.

If your screw up the INI file for some reason, don't stress. Just delete it and when you start PS2 it will download a fresh copy of it.
    • Up x 5
  7. iiTrust

Thanks a lot man appreciate it
  8. Vertabrae

Anytime mate, hope it helps.
    • Up x 3
  9. COMMANDER K33N

As I understand, You'll actually want to set textures to 4, as the number refers to the amount of compression, with 0 being "ultra" textures. Unless it operates on 1 = low, 3 = high, 0 = ultra. Which would be silly.
  10. Vertabrae

If you set everything to low, It shows as 1.
    0 is Ultra, except for certain things when it is Off. Stupid I know.
  11. COMMANDER K33N

Huh, that's odd. Disregard my previous post OP.
  12. thelonegamer16

wow wish someone would have told me this when i got that error message before i got rid of that comp. it was a school comp. as it stands now im sitting on a 6 year old clunker laptop that can barely run the forums. anyway who cares it prolly wouldnt have played barely anyway. :D
  13. Vertabrae

LOL I freaked when I got it. Had just bought myself 2000 smedbucks the night before. GU4 came out and I got a G25 error the next morning. Holy **** you shoulda heard me yelling at my computer lol. Couldn't find any fixes online, so I redid the ini file and it worked fine.
  14. Vertabrae

Hey guys. Been trying to help iiTrust find his UserOptions.ini file on his computer. To get to mine, I right click on the desktop icon, and go to Open File Location. This doesn't seem to be working for him. He says he didn't install the game thru Steam. Anyone got any ideas?
    • Up x 1
  15. Tingtonk

I'm trying to find that User option file as well since I didnt download it from steam. I would really appreciate if someone could help with this as I'm getting a G25 error as well and would really really like playing this game, regardless of the graphics quality.

I'd try anything, I was so excited whilst the game was downloading and then the error game up once i played. Gutted beyond belief!
  16. Total_Overkill

Computer > Local Disk > Users > Public > Sony Online Entertainment > Installed Games > Planetside 2
    Or take 2 seconds to type PLANETSIDE 2 into your searchbar.

Remember to open the ini file with notepad >.>
  17. Vertabrae

If you get the G25 error after downloading the game for the first time, then bear in mind you will not have a UserOptions.ini file to edit. The file isn't created until you actually log in. If you know someone else who plays the game, you can ask them to copy and send you a copy of their useroptions file, or send me a pm and I'll send you a copy of mine. Just make sure before you install it to make sure everything in it is turned down to minimum levels. All graphics settings, turn the resolution down to 800x600. Basically you want to make the game use the lowest requirements possible. Once you install the useroptions and get into the game, then you can start tweaking the settings back up a bit, until you find what works best for your computer.
  18. Saga02

someone can send me yours UserOptions.ini please? :(
  19. useroptionforps2

20. lazyeyes

Can someone send me the file as well? It's weird I meet the minimum requirements to the T but I still get the error.

Zarithos@hotmail.com

Thank you.