Game design

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sinjynn, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Sinjynn

Ok...so let me make sure I get this right...PS2 is a FPS with a relatively high technological base. Plasma weapons, anti-gravitic vehicles, and powered exo-suits (to name just a few of the tech options available).
    So with all that tech, combat between rival factions is *still* relegated to "boots on the ground"?
    Ok.
    I can dig it...after all, mano-e-mano combat has been a thing since before humans became completely bipedal...
    My issue is that with all this technology, why in the nine hells do we have people using stone age weaponry like knives and crossbows? (and fu*k you if you think the Seeker qualifies as anything other than a over-qualified primitive weapon...one that was utterly disastrous to add to the game, I might add).
    I mean, seriously?
    A friggin KNIFE?
    You got guys running around a battlefield with powered armor, but you just haven't been able to solve the whole "getting stabbed" problem?
    I got no real issues with any class...tho the Infil seems to be the most problematic for the community...and an invisible psychopath with a knife is a threat?
    Feels really dumb to me.
  2. BlackFox

Not to mention that most guns act like modern day NERF™ toys rather than military hardware
  3. Tormentos

Good sir, are you questioning the force of kinetic energy?
    Then simply watch this:

Hint: Video from 2008, do not expect high video quality from the infancy years of Youtube.
    Using kinetic energy to ram a knife down your throat might be primal, it might be primitive, but it gets the job done nicely.
    Remember the knife scene from Starship Troopers.
    Recruit: "Sir! I don't understand. Who needs a knife in a nuke war, anyway? All you have to do is push a button."
    Drill instructor reply after throwing a knife at the hand: "The enemy can not push a button, if you disable his hand."
    • Up x 1
  4. Sumowning

Knifes in PS2 are basically useless atm, the only use you can get out of them is quick-melee when you're close to someone who you've just shot. Not even touching power-knifes as those are basically just meme-weaponry at this point that require a headshot to kill (not sure who thought of this, but they should not be on a balancing team).

The current problem in the community is there's a small elite sub-section of the player base who just wants to farm low-level infantry without being punished for lack of awareness and positioning, and they happen to be loud as well.

As for the seeker, well it used to be OP then they over-nerfed it and it also became a meme weapon lost to the void of dead-features
  5. VV4LL3

They're paramount to getting a kill and not showing up on radar.
    • Up x 1