game crashing randomly. possibly linked to DEP crashing it on purpose?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by wildknight, Apr 21, 2013.

1. wildknight

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51717f96
    Faulting module name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51717f96
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x018a6202
    Faulting process id: 0xdb0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce3e9a5ba1318b
    Faulting application path: D:\steamgames\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: D:\steamgames\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Report Id: de236382-aa94-11e2-bea7-14dae9c5bfad
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

after doing some research fault code 0xc0000005 seems to point to DEP shutting the program down.
    i have ran all of my anti virus, Avast, AVG. as well as malwarebytes, and have found nothing. plus this is the only game on my system that crashes.

i really hope i don't have to do another complete reinstall, this would be the third to resolve issues. but at least each issue has been different than the previous
  2. Nate1

What operating system are you running?
  3. wildknight

windows 8 pro.
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz
    8.00 GB ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 4gb

4. DaNDeStRoYeR

Turn off DEP and try it without it on?
  5. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Try this:
    1. Open the Control Panel and go to System and Security.
    2. Click on the System tab, then click Advanced System Settings.
    3. Under Performance, click Settings.
    4. Go to the Data Execution Prevention tab and click OK.
    5. Close the System window and try the LaunchPad again.
    Let me know if that helps.
  6. TSAndrey

I seem to get a lot of crashes/freezes when loading. Usually it freezes when the bar comes to 100%. It's GETTING REALLY ANNOYING
  7. wildknight

there is no way to turn off dep completely, and i cannot add planetside2 as an exception because it requires dep. so i am currently stuck. DEP was already set to on and i did what you suggested and it happened again, it happens when i switch characters or continents normally, but sometimes during play it happens as well.