Game crash on re-deploy

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by daveske, Apr 19, 2013.

1. daveske

RadarX,

As per your final post in http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...eezes-on-redeploy.106775/page-21#post-1592491 I have created this thread.

Since GU4 I, like many others, have been subjected to crash after crash on re-deploy. After the triple loading screen was removed I typically had a loading bar, followed by a split second image of terrain, followed by a second loading bar. On any re-deploy I now freeze with the screen taken up by an image of terrain. I still retain external sound and I lose mouse support. I am then required to utilise the keyboard to kill the process in task manager and re-load the game from scratch.

I, like many others, have tried numerous things including the following
    - formatting
    - changing video and audio drivers
    - re-installing game as steam client and as stand alone (both run as administrator)
    - changing the default game location
    - ensuring all related game folders are on the same HDD
    - default & customized useroptions.ini
    - removing various files from within the default folder to allow ps2 to re-download them
    - verifying files using launcher

I run the following setup
    i5 3570k @ 4.6
    16g ddr3 1866
    3g hd 7950
    SSD
    win8 - 64bit

I do not get the planetside2.exe has stopped working very often, if at all, I only get a re-deploy crash. This occurs about 75% of the time, and 100% of the time when I am deploying on a HEX more then 1-2 hex's away or re-deploying to the warp gate.Typically in-game I run a high or ultra video options and maintain between 60 and 150 fps in battle. With the exception of this deployment issue my computer runs the game flawlessly.

I have purchased SC and a premium membership because I believe in supporting games / game dev's for games I enjoy playing. Please show me the same amount of respect by acknowledging this problem as assisting me in correcting it.
    • Up x 2
  2. Maellean

Same issue here since GU4 without any sign of it getting better.

While I am all for supporting games I enjoy, I have had to cancel my monthly membership which I have had since shortly after launch. The lack of any meaningful communication from the support staff has somewhat soured my view.

Thank you for the well written post, daveske, here's hoping it will actually accomplish something.
  3. Finestyle

I cant believe this bug still exists.... I haven't spoken to a single person in game that this HASN'T been happening to...

Since GU06 its been quite intense, I just played for 1 hour and crashed 3 times trying to spawn at a base. It also sometimes happens, although very rarely, when you enter an equipment terminal.

What's worse for me personally, is that when it freezes I can't even switch to desktop to get to my task manager to end the Planetside 2 process, I literally have to hit the power button on my PC and do a hard shut down every time this damn game crashes.

It's really starting to p!ss me off, to the point where I'm thinking about putting Planetside 2 aside for now. Considering how long this bug has been around I'm starting to become less confident it's going to be fixed... especially since a search of the forum came up with little acknowledgement or communication of the issue from those in charge.

This is an extremely frustrating bug and should be given TOP priority.
  4. Gamingroach

Crashing on redeploy and after death happens alot too here. :(
  5. Finestyle

Yeah, I forgot to mention that it does sometimes, although again rarely (for me), crash immediately after death (when the death screen and the background zoom to player is kicking in).
  6. DeadLamb

strange.. For me it seems to only happen when I try to deploy quickly after death to a hex with a ton of population.. Ya know, as in I die at location A and click on the next spawn location as fast as I can.. Never seems to crash on a spawn in middle no where and zero issues spawning all across the map, mine really seems to be pop base...

click, starts to load, get the black screen + full sound but no mouse control. ALT/TAB/Delete for taskmonitor and kill ps2..

so I started to wait a few extra seconds before I redeploy... like I'm letting the game catch up with the fact I'm dead and want to respawn. This seems to help.. far from a solution of course but just posting what kind-of-sort-of worked for me. Couple extra seconds post death and then click where I want to spawn. Maybe crash once or twice a night now and some times not at all for a few hours. Oh and trust me, with a KDR in the .6 range I spawn a lot..
  7. ComradeJoecool

Please fix this, I am begging you!! I love this game and it is getting soo irritating. This crash is killing this game for me. Or rather the task manager is once I CTRL,ALT,DEL and arrow down to it and dit DEL.
  8. metrotw

Long standing issue..was addressed once by Luperza months ago that they were aware of it and looking into it (much like the low setting infiltrator cloak bug\exploit) but that was it. Never been fixed and has never been commented on again.

As an interesting side note the 2 main devs who actually program and work on the actual graphics tech\engine of the game haven't posted here in pretty much the same amount of time. (codeforge and cyclesmchurtz)