Game Breaking Patch

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Verviedi, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Verviedi

Fix this SOE. Might as well just revert the valk update. I apologize for quality. I don't have a screen recorder, and I will not pay for one and then beg my parents to use their admin password.
    [youtube]
    First of all, you know about this lag, and I've been getting it for 2 months.
    • Up x 3
  2. Popper100

Do you have V-sync and smoothing on?
  3. BobSanders123

The first part of the video confused my brain.

Also get a quality camera and use something like that next time, right now it looks like you recorded it on a muffin.

And, yes this game is broken. It always has been.
  4. Verviedi

Wrong. I recorded it on a calculator.
  5. Klagmire

get off the wifi.
  6. Verviedi

Wat. Not suspicous at all.
  7. BobSanders123

Damn. Well that is a pretty good calculator. Although the Blueberry X660 Muffin will defeat any calculator out there as of now.

You don't have to pay with video recording software. Planetside 2 has its own built into it. Or alternatives include, Overwolf, Nvidia ShadowPlay, and OBS.
    • Up x 1
  8. DatVanuMan

I think I know what the problem is.
    Why are you using a Dell desktop that appears to use either Windows Vista or 7?
  9. Yeahy

Many people have reported it and it is probably very high priority for SOE. Expect a hotfix tomorrow.
  10. Yeahy

The 480p you get is at least better than this :D
    For me OBS take my fps down to 20, and I don't have a nividia card. The AMD equivalent is pretty bad.
  11. Verviedi

Windows 8 is pretty much pretty looking malware.
    I like my windows 7 and dell monitor.
  12. DatVanuMan

Well, can't blame you there. Dell:3
  13. Rikkit

First of all, you don't need to pay for reccording your Desktop
    You can use this https://obsproject.com/download or anything else goolge offers you.

now to the freze lags: wow, don't know some outfit mates are raging also about this, but i havent noticed them on my end jet.
    I guess it's a client side problem, as mentioned above, try to disable v-sync and smoothing, this seem to help, if this dosent help, try to reinstall the game, maybe your files are corrupted

Also something to mention, W-Lan is somewhat suboptimal for gaming, if possible use something wire based, LAN / (Power-LAN)/ ...
  14. Klagmire

if your on wifi thats the problem, try a Ethernet cable direct and see if it still lags. trust me I had the same problem, or "bad connection" all the time.
  15. LibertyRevolution

Wow, how do you even play like that without rage quitting after 30secs?
    I thought the random split second hitch/freeze when I ADS that I got with this patch was bad..
    Thanks for some perspective.
  16. Ransurian

This is exactly -- EXACTLY -- how my game performs after today's update.
    • Up x 1
  17. Whatupwidat

I have this, though not as extreme (mine freezes like that only when it's bored of hitching) - and people are saying it's down to Wi-fi?

Bollocks. The game ran fine for me up until this last patch - and I'm assuming it did for Verviedi too - so it's definitely not wi-fi OR my net connection, upon which I get a schmoove 30-60ms ping for the most part.

And in my experience a bad connection looks different anyway - usually with people just walking off into the sky and tanks sort of just...floating. It's actually very beautiful. Just not playable.
  18. Imperial Sect

This patch is total garbage, but it's nice to see all the fanboys up in here. So glad I held off buying that station cash for some helmets. The random 60-70fps drop every few seconds makes me not want to play this game much.
  19. Tatwi

Perfect example of why I quit playing back in Feb 2013. This, amongst other issues, made the game unplayable. Sad to see it return, as after returning in the past week or so I hadn't had any issues.