Galaxy Rammers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrMackey, Jul 1, 2014.

1. MrMackey

not an even trade. 1 person can stop a platoon from spawning with 2 c4 on a sundy. whats the problem with Galaxies being held to the same standard..

and omg the amount of denial on this forum.. everyone is so super pro they've never been rammed by a Galaxy?.. not likely..
  2. hansgrosse

Actually, I see a lot of the people disagreeing with you openly stating that they've been splattered by Galaxies. Just saying.
    • Up x 2
  3. TopVanuTroll

Tell me. Isn't it a huge blunder if you somehow get hit by a huge skywhale that is moving at half your speed? Yes, of course it happens. But, it's a mistake on the part of the ESF pilot, not Galaxies being OP
    • Up x 1
  4. SeanFree

Good try, 2 C4 doesn't instakill a sundy, it sets it on fire. It's not that we've never been sky whaled, it's just not a big deal because it rarely happens and is hard to do. I can't say I've ever died from a sky whale in my Reaver but I did get smushed in my lightning once, it was hilarious.
    • Up x 1
  5. MrMackey

the lib.. the ONE thing that can take out a Gal effectively. just one way. yet, theres about 50,000 ways to kill a sundy.
    but still. your in an ESF and you run into a Gal. what do you do. shoot it. for about 10 min. if your not chased off by other aircraft.
    or your dog fighting another ESF.. Gal rams you. ive seen it 1000 times. just saying your so pro you dont get rammed doesnt mean it doesnt happen. and the simple fact that Galaxy pilots take advantage of the mass amount of HP they have means there is a problem. Ramming should cause critical damage. ive even seen plenty of libs try to ram galaxies unsuccessfully. just because its bigger or cost more resource or holds more ppl or because its a spawn point doesnt mean it should survive.
  6. MrMackey

your one of those guys huh.. fine. 2 c4 and a rocket. or 3 tank mines. point is it goes instant boom. nothing you do to a galaxy can make it go instant boom.. even if you manage to get C4 or tank mines on it. ive done both. i dont even think a fully loaded heavy assualt can kill one alone. 2 c4 5 rockets.. why wouldnt that kill a galaxy. a plane can take much more damage than a tank?

its a game but these planes are still loosely based on real aircraft. but thats a bit too loose.
  7. SeanFree

Guess what I do when I pull my ESF? 9/10 I have a wingman and we can kill a gal. I've never seen a gal interrupt a dogfight, ground based AA usually ruins those. It should decimate an ESF because it's a tiny plane versus a massive armored carrier. Sky whales are an endangered breed, there's no need to make them extinct.
  8. SeanFree

"One of those guys"? You mean someone who is outlining an actual fact? There's a load of ways to kill gals too, I like to scare them off with dumbfire. Guess what, skyguards and AA turrets work too. Oh, and what about those AA maxes? They're a thing as well.
    • Up x 2
  9. MrMackey

armored.. for giggles lets think of this literally. i could see the lib being "armored" but an aircraft the size of a gal couldnt be that heavily "armored" cause it wouldnt fly. do you think a chinook could carry troops or a humvee if it was made with 1/4" steel plating?

sky guards and burster max arnt alway effective. quite often they dont get clear shots.. and the Gal can fly higher, or around to avoid. so saying they need the HP to take Flak isnt right either. just fly smarter and the Gal wont be hit as much. and when galaxies do die to flak its either avoidable or just so much flak you had no chance. just because you can at times run into an amazing amount of AA doesn't mean it needs that kind of HP. just need a smart pilot.
  10. MrMackey

how about this one. a Gal has so much HP it can fly strait at a bases Flak guns and still drop on target. why? regardless of if it survives it does what its ment to do. while the Flak guns dont. why should you need 3 sky guards to stop a Gal from dropping troops on point?
    why shouldnt 1 sky guard be able to stop a gal before it reaches its target? the Gals HP allows it to muscle though things while the pilot just flies strait. a smart pilot would fly high. try to avoid. but why when you can just plow your way through flak and get the job done anyway.
  11. ImANoob

So many ways to kill a gal and I have been rammed by one but that was my fault for not paying attention!

As for your point of not getting a clear shot on a gal due to him going to max alt or flying around a safer route isn't that just smart flying? Why should he let you hit him?? No handouts here kid ya gotta work for your kills.

Gals are fine as they are.

Your the reason things are getting nurfd into the ground people like you who just whine every timethey get killed. it pisses me off can't you people see your ruining the game.

Go play single player on some game with a god mode only way you'll be ******* happy.
    • Up x 2
  12. NC supporter

For giggles your posts need a make over in grammar and facts.
  13. SeanFree

I don care how much armor a chinook has, VTOL's can't do reverse maneuvers IRL and it's a staple of flight in PS2. PS2 isn't Arma, gals are the biggest things in the freaking game and should have the HP as such.
  14. Scr1nRusher

Forumside.....

take a look at yourself.

the fact that this thread even exists and has got 9 pages should tell you something is wrong with yourself.
    • Up x 1
  15. Chipiwan

You would dare ruin the funnest aspect of gal piloting ever. Plus, I'm sure most people have been skywhaled before, and I've laughed my *** off when it happened.
    • Up x 1
  16. TheBlindFreak

Says the guy fueling a pointless C4 nerf thread to 18+ pages.

kek
    • Up x 1
  17. Scr1nRusher

the point of that thread was to bring to attention that C$ right now its to accessible, and to popular thanks to the regen implant
  18. OldCuban

Your argument is invalid.

Galaxies do indeed take damage when rammed by an ESF.

As others have stated, if you got rammed by a Galaxy, buddy...you're the problem, not the Galaxy!

Or were you maybe getting farmed by a Galaxy, got fed up and rammed it with an ESF you pulled and then got upset when it didn't blow up?

Either way, your argument sucks.

Lmao!

Whinerside strikes again!
  19. Stormsinger

Is...

I...

I just found this thread, is someone complaining about the largest, most unweildy, slowest (air) vehicle in the game ramming the fastest, most agile unit (anywhere) in the game?

Can't you, just... move?

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  20. lawn gnome

i have personally outrun galaxy belly flops ON FOOT as a HEAVY ASSAULT. i find the new batch of galaxy nerf threads to be downright absurd. i have been repeatedly nailing galaxies with my decimator on my HA (and successfully driving them off or killing them), a few nights ago i killed one with my giant slow dumbfire rocket as it was trying to ram our vehicles. it slowly drifted down at our valley so i aimed up, pulled the trigger, watched as my slow rocket collided with the giant flying house, and then i watched the wreckage rain down.

galaxies are not anywhere near OP territory.