galaxy deployment

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkikko92, Sep 28, 2015.

1. elkikko92

Why not make a deployment ability for the galaxy to deploy in the air. When deployed all players can respawn inside, but spawn seconds timer is based on altitude, has a delay respect the sunderer timer.
    When deployed the galaxy cannot move, and have a target like waypoint for enemies.
    On the map has alwyas a target marker on map when deployed.

Of course a galaxy can deploy on landing pad with normal spawn timer, also without any markers for enemies.

Now there is a reason to destroy something by air forces! Control of air is now important as terrain
  2. Liewec123

because people like me would abuse the hell out of it ;)
    solo galaxy, deploy over enemy base, switch to bulldog to nuke the players below from my flying fortress :p
    • Up x 2
  3. PWGuy93

Same reason they don't let this happen with any other moving vehicle. It would be abused, especially from the new air wings that have multiple Repair Galaxies parked 1000 meters up, next to Ammo Galaxies parked 1000 meters up.

Consider that the land vehicle the Sunderer doesn't instant deploy, once stationary it takes a few seconds before you can even deploy to allow deployments.
  4. Ziggurattt

I just want the Galaxy to be able to carry vehicles. Deploy the Sunderer in the Galaxy.
  5. PWGuy93

They had that on an old roadmap once, including transport of said vehicles to other continents.
    Ahh yes, to dream...
  6. Taemien

Mmm.. no.

Galaxy doesn't need to make the Sunderer obsolete. In fact I think the Galaxy is perfect in its current form. Even an ability to transport other vehicles is pushing it. I'd make another vehicle for that.
  7. elkikko92

mh, i like if we can improve my idea of redeploy ability of galaxy.
    Maybe has a timer also for deploying, like 1 minute, after that galaxy have to wait 2 or 3 minute to redeploy again.
    Or maybe make a fuel system for redeploy, when is empty galaxy has to go in a landing pad and recharge the redeploy system.!

Other ideas?

My problem dont add this problem, becouse it exists without redeploy of galaxy.
    However, if you think the galaxy is too strong, the fuel system for redeploy is a good idea.
    You have to think that there is an air battle for galaxy, attack and defend. So there is no stagnation of battle
  8. Stormsinger

Wasn't this doable in beta? I seem to recall deployable galaxies pre release, complete with shielding.

On another note, I seem to recall that there was a 'flip this vehicle back over' interact option for flashes... I really want to know why this went away.
  9. Taemien

How is that different than leaving a pilot in the Galaxy now?

Seems like alot of work for one dude to be able to leave the vehicle.

And if the idea is to let non-squad deploy from the Gal, why would anyone use a Sunderer? Sunderer is capable of 2 dimensional movement. And even it can't reach everywhere. Now a Galaxy can reach everywhere a Sundy can't. Plus exponentially more because of the added dimension.

So.. too much work for a pilot to not have to pilot, and makes the Sundy obsolete. If there's any other ideas, they're going to have to be vastly different than what was originally suggested. In fact anything involving deployment of a Galaxy seems redundant between the Sunderer and the new ANT vehicle.
  10. Agarthan

Can't you just keep redeploying to a galaxy flying over a target if it's from your platoon anyway? I've done this before.
  11. JojoTheSlayer

No, deployable Galaxies were removed during Beta for good reason and air deployable Galaxies would be OP.
    The thing people ignore here is that IF you dont need a pilot. Allot more people would use them to create a spawn point and you would get the same issue that was in Beta. Nobody was seen anywhere except at the base points.

Both the Sundy getting AMS ability (now default) and the cloak AMS is something PS1 Vets pushed for. It was not in the "original" PS2 game.
  12. elkikko92

Idea.
    Male redeploy ability for galaxy only for leadership of squads. Only leadership can deploy a galaxy.
    They have to redeploy on air, more is high zone, and more is timer respawn. When fuel finish, galaxy for use again redeploy, have to nove The galaxy in a landing pad.

Galaxy can always deploy in Lansing pad, but only leaders can.

The problem on beta was that everyone use galaxy, i fixed this priblem
  13. Nabil1998

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. ALN_Isolator

Good movie.

Weren't deployable galaxies in PS1? Bring them back!
  15. elkikko92

You annoying me, and you dont help with any suggestion, go away!
    My english is not perfect, but The real problem is this stupid smartphone keyboard , with wrong italian prevision
  16. elkikko92

17. FateJH

No, they weren't.

Edit: normally, I'd make a nice post about what they did have in PlanetSide Classic to cover what players are talking about but they really didn't have anything like this. The only Vehicle on which a player could spawn was an AMS and you could not deploy an AMS while it was being transported by another vehicle.