Galaxies are OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Verviedi, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Verviedi

Everything about galaxies screams OP. They are capable of chasing an ESF across an entire continent, have laser cannons that oneclip an ESF, and take more Vortek ammo than my reserves carry to kill. Higby pls increase an ESF's speed.
  2. HadesR

They should have a shed tonne of Health and armour .. The problem is that they also have to much offensive capabilities for said health / armour ..

They should be more defensive ( IE: increased speed , flares as default ) but lose some of their offensive output ..
    • Up x 6
  3. MotionBlured

Force them closer to the ground so us peasants can take a shot at them.
    • Up x 2
  4. Plorf

I question the exact details of your post, but Galaxies are a bit silly. Mainly, the Bulldogs which make them capable of A2G only slightly less powerful than a Lib, but at less risk. Would be nice to see them used more like Sunderers than fat Liberators.
    • Up x 2
  5. Prudentia

do you fly backwards?
    Galaxy topspeed is 180, ESF lowspeed is already above 200 without V thrust assistance and afterburner.
    actually, even if you fly backwards you are still faster then the Galaxy and can just plink it to death
    • Up x 11
  6. LightningWolfTigrBer

You know, I've seen a lot of "____ OP" threads, but I think this is the first time I've seen one complaining about the Gal. That's probably because they're not OP.

Also, your signature seems appropriate.
    • Up x 2
  7. SacredRay

lmfaoooooooo

rofl/10
    • Up x 2
  8. Ronin Oni

You've been unable to outrun a Gal in an ESF????

I expected an Infantry player crying about Battle Gals with Mortar, which was already nerfed to hell last patch, but as an ESF??

I know they buffed the velocity on the Walker, but FFS mate, Gals are still stupid easy to avoid.
    • Up x 1
  9. Geddes

hornets man, hornets
  10. Rikkit

in my opinion flares are not needed on galaxys. lockons deal no significant damage to galaxys.
    i would use firesupression over flares everyday, when flying a gal.
  11. Verviedi

I'm not going to spend 5 hours grinding certs.
    If they were NS, I would get them with SC.
    • Up x 1
  12. DorianOmega

only thing that screams anything close to OP on the gal is the bulldogs but even then they are the only thing that lets the gal be specced into a "battle gal", until the galaxy gets an official "battle" variant the way PS1 had, its the closest we got so its not exactly game breaking either.
  13. Camycamera

no YOUR OP OP /s

seriously, no. it isn't OP. at all. they are pretty easy to take out in an esf as long as you aren't running straight into it and eating up all of its gunfire....
  14. Yeahy

They are ns, they are.
  15. a-koo-chee-moya

Do you want a 1/1 fighter that costs 350 nanites to take down a 1 to 5/12 500 nanite transport??? Yeah Gal ramming is cheesy, but a smart pilot can avoid them. Also, Hailstorm/Rotary/Vortek is not as good as stock against armored air/ground. Walker drops to a pitiful 85 damage and Drake is too accurate with too slow of a RoF to really hit a dodging ESF.
  16. minhalexus

They are a support unit at best.

Battle Gals are still too slow to kill an ESF that's trying to escape. I don't fret half as much when killing a Galaxy as compared to Libs.
    If the Galaxy is winning against, me I can retreat at anytime.

Against the Liberator I have to intercept those Dalton rounds, or that Tank Buster.

TL;DR:- Galaxies don't need a nerf.
  17. Yeahy

I have to admit, gals go down faaaaaaaast to libs. 5 daltons and they're on fire.
    However, when gals hang 700 meters up and unload the troops onto the base, it can be 5+ minutes untill a lib takes it down. By that time the base is gone.
  18. Crayv

A flying vehicle should not more armor than a tank.

Another annoying thing Gals have been doing lately is just hovering at flight ceiling and raining infantry. You can't even shoot them due to them being in a deadzone (you can't aim perfectly straight up) unless you move close to a full hex away from them. Then when you do shoot them they just hover there for a while before finally moving off to repair and come right back a couple minutes later.

Galaxies do need some adjustments.
    • Up x 2
  19. a-koo-chee-moya

Yea, Something needs to be done to fix Gals being essentially indestructible Sunderers at that height.
  20. FateJH

What about friendly ESFs?