G15-Emerald.. findings.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AntDX316, Apr 17, 2022.

1. AntDX316

So someone on reddit said they log into their EU character twice then to Emerald and it works.
    The G15 browser pop-up still happens even if you exit the game completely.
    On the server selection screen after you've decided to make your character it shows No Ping for Emerald.
    The G15 problem could Already have manifested before people click Play Now.
    G15 is inevitable if something broke during the Character select menu?
    There should be a way see server ping or at least alert the user the game Will G15.
    There should be a way for people to reset like how the voice comms are now with Reset All.
    There should be a way to get an API on the smartphone or the PC to know when the game is Ready to go.
    People should Not be allowed to click Play Now at all if G15 is going to happen.
    [IMG]

Edit: I've tried going into this screen again just to see w/ another character name and they all have no ping but I was able to get into Miller again.

I've then tried to get to the screen again w/o making the name and it only pings Connery but I was still able to get into Miller.

After I've tried getting back into Emerald and it still does not work.
  2. AlienbabyGA

I don't know how the PC version is architected, but should windows PS2 be talking to PSN servers ?

I noted that my PS2 is resolving host in PSN.. lvspsn-liv-l01.planetside2.com:20042
    This resolves to a Sony IP address.

Perhaps, during the last patch, someone tossed some PSN servers into the PC versions list by mistake..
    • Up x 1
  3. AlienbabyGA

The next odd thing I see is the BGP routes seem to give the impression there has been a failover.
    They are prepending like crazy in their advertisement. Five times the ASN 13720 is being advertised.. This is common for a failover link. But there are no routes with less than five prepends. Perhaps there's has been a failover event, and the secondary router/path is poorly configured.

I note that I have transmissions to 69.174.216.21, .22, and .23 with no responses. Lots of UDP going out.. with none coming back.
    • Up x 1
  4. shy

For me its the other way round.
    I live in europe and i can log in to Emerald, Connery and Soltech.
    Miller and Cobalt do not work though.

In character creation screen it shows the european servers with no ping :/
  5. AntDX316

I haven't had G15 for 2 days