G-20 Hellion must be nerfed!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChUnKiFieR, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Benton582

I often fly my Valk with this, and I swear to god, every gunner I ever had only shoots at everything EXCEPT what it's god damn used for......Killing lightings and MBTs. BTW, not as OP as you think.
  2. SamReye

3. Klabauter8

I know that feel. They also always shoot from 200 metre distance and when you arrive at the distance the weapon actually starts to get useful, their magazine is already empty... Valks are unplayable without a dedicated gunner who flies them too.
  4. Jubikus

While were at it we should nerf this.
    [IMG]
    Its been around way too long in its current form its way too good im tired of dying to this weapon. Have I ever died to this weapon? i don't think so.
  5. Hatesphere

Nope. Most players that fly are smart enough to grab a battle gal, it works better, has more fire power, and can carry more people. Valks are currently just fun for ******* around.
    • Up x 1
  6. Dualice

Too right, OP. This thing really needs to be toned down, right after we nerf the more game-breaking stuff like the Skyguard and the PDW-16 Hailstorm.
  7. The Rogue Wolf

Somebody has in their signature a screenshot of their killboard showing off one kill with a concussion grenade.

Obvs OP, nerf plz.
  8. AlterEgo

Final solution?
    [IMG]
  9. sebastian oscar post

the bullsh!t on these forums!
  10. Pelojian

that's pretty much normal behavior for random ground vehicle gunners, like oh you know enemy MBt shooting at some squishes while you trying to move your AI/AA sunderer to a new spot and suddenly mr random gunner goes herp-a-derp i'll fire the kobalt at that tank and only gain it's attention!

This is why whenever i use my sunderer as a spawn point in a large battle i lock it.
  11. OldMaster80

Yeah let's nerf one of the only decent weapon options available to the Valkyrie.
    Btw it's completely useless against infantry and aircraft due to very short range.

Be ashamed Chunk.
  12. LordMcZee

Seriosuly? You seriosuly want to nerf the Valk?
  13. Klabauter8

For a Galaxy to be more effective than a Valk you also need more people. Otherwise you hardly can do anything with it since you are just a fat, plump whale in the sky. With Valks I have my biggest killstrikes by far. It's just complete nonsense that they are too weak. They are just too hard to fly and gun in for most people, and of course most people just love to blame it on the vehcile that they suck instead of themselves..
  14. OldMaster80

Nope you just need one more gunner occasionally swapping to rear or upper seat. But the difference is huge. I also fly the Valkyrie pretty often and I admit some loadouts can actually achieve something. But I'm not blind: the Galaxy is infinitely superior from every point of view.
    It's as fast as the Valkyrie, much tougher, it has more firepower, better weapons coverage because turrets are in almost every direction, it offers more options for the utility slot, it can carry Max Units, it can repair and resupply ammo... only for 200 certs more that will regenerate in like 3 minutes.

Sure the Gal is far more visible and less agile but it's way more flexible. Not saying the Valkyrie is complete crap, but it cannot compare to his big old brother.
  15. Klabauter8

By the time Galaxies have finally taken off from the Warpgate, I am already halfway at the waypoint with a Valk. Gals are slow and fat as f*ck, you can't do any maneuvers with them, all you can do is just being a fat target in the sky, especially with only one gunner. There only has to be one single Skyguard or AA turret in the near, and you can't do sh*t with a galaxy, because it is just one big target.

With Valkyries I can do surprise attacks, I can make hit and run attacks, I can take cover behind the smallest hills, I can throw mines on AA tanks, I can repair the vehicle when retreating, I can have people using launchers from the rumble seats, I can destroy AA turrets without them being able to hit me, I can quickly reach the smallest corners, I can shoot much more precisely and much quicker change my position, etc etc.

The only reason why Galaxies would be better for some people is because it is much easier to fly more or less effectively.
  16. OldMaster80

And that's probably the main reason why the Valkyrie is unpopular compared to the Galaxy: the Valkyrie effectiveness is strongly related to the loadout, crew composition, and skill / coordination of pilot / gunner.
    The Galaxy not only has tons of "pros" for 200 nanites more, but it also requires little skill compared to what it takes to master a Valkyrie.
  17. Klabauter8

I wouldn't say it is so much related to the loadout or crew composition. It just depends on how good the pilot and the gunner are. I can be effective with any Valkyrie weapon. To me they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I just have to adapt to them.

Just like I don't necessarily need vehicle stealth or whatever. I can use whatever I want on the Valk. The only thing which is kind of annyoing on the Valk is that squad spawning is not a default. But this also only matters if you play in a squad, which I mostly don't.
  18. JohnGalt36

Obvious stealth buff call disguised as a nerf call is obvious. He's just saying it's OP so everyone will point out how UP the Valk is.

Clever girl...
  19. sIcGER

who the hell are you talking about ? if its really possible to kill someone with a conc gren - then yes - they need to be nerfed :p