Fuse Deconstructor and Welding tool

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Halkesh, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Halkesh

Dev are currently struggling to resolve the bug on the Deconstructor and Welding tool when you take both.
    I'm pretty sure dev already think of it but anyway... Why not fuse them ?
    LMB to repair constructions and RMB to deconstruct.
  2. LtBomber1

A very fine idea!
    There should be a delay and different particles when deconstruction is in progress to avoid accidentical deconstruction
  3. Smoo

Not like either requires ADS. Just have primary and secondary fire, like a medic tool.
  4. Jac70

I like it. AFAIK there is already a delay on the deconstruction - to prevent accidental deconstructs I suppose. Different particle effects would also help you to know what mode you are in.

Then we could implement a system where you get some Cortium back when you deconstruct a base construction - say 50% It could also be used to deconstruct your vehicle, given a suitable delay so you cannot just delete a vehicle that is under attack and deny enemies XP (like we used to do, back in the good ol' days). Get some nanites back from vehicle deconstruction to.
  5. Halkesh

Deconstruction could be improved by adding a loading clock (same as when you repair something) going backward with a "deconstructing..." on top of it.
    In 1-2 sec you probably have the time to react before the end of the deconstruction process.