Fury Flash ?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by customer548, Jan 15, 2016.

1. customer548

Hi fellow Infiltrators,

I'd like to know if a Fury Flash is a viable "thing" nowdays. Especially against tanks.
    Would you say it's pure suicide ? Is it viable against 100% HP tanks, or only against damaged ones ?
    I'm about to get the Fury, but i'd cancel it if it's a nightmare to destroy tanks with it.

Thank you.
  2. DarkStarII

It's almost impossible to destroy tanks alone. Just don't attack Skyguards.
  3. cruczi

I'll just make a list of the stuff I do with Fury.

- always use 3rd person mode, aiming is easier when moving because it'll be mostly unaffected by terrain, and you'll have better awareness
    - excellent against individual infantry, such easy kills
    - very effective against groups of infantry huddling in cover or around a Sunderer, as they're easy to hit and each shot damages multiple enemies
    - quick kills on engineers stepping out of their vehicles to repair
    - very good against other flashes
    - does decent damage on harassers, if you can aim, but 1v2 (driver, gunner) you'll lose 100%
    - don't attack anyone head on, always flank or do rear damage on vehicles
    - always look for opportunities to do hit and run attacks and opponents who are focusing on another target
    - if you have nothing else to do, you can fight tanks 1v1, but you'll need to cloak at the right time and get into cover quicker than they can aim at you. Most of the time you'll die this way and earn no XP, but it's better than doing nothing ;P
    - it's best to time your attack on a high HP tank to the moment someone else in your team (say, a friendly tank) is about to attack your target; this means he'll first notice you damaging him, which can cause him to turn the turret and/or the vehicle itself, making it much easier for your teammate to do damage. By that time, you'll be cloaked and gone
    - tank kills are pretty rare, you take the opportunities you get and sometimes you get lucky
    - ammo is a problem, need to either invest a lot of certs into extra mags, or refill ammo often

Overall, most of your kills will be infantry, and you'll probably earn more certs and kills this way than by fighting vehicles. Out of all of the Flash weapons, it's definitely the most effective and the most versatile, IMO it needs balancing to be a little less effective against infantry, this would make Kobalt and Renegade more sensible purchases for pure anti infantry duty.
    • Up x 3
  4. customer548

Thank you for this detailed answer, cruczi. I'm a fan of the Renegade on Flashes for infantry kills. The Fury has been nerfed 1.5 years ago, as far as i remember it. It was already way too powerful against infantry. Well, i guess i'll keep my Certs for another thing.
    Thank you again.
  5. Spoprockl

With a fully upgraded magazine of 12 grenades
    you can take about 60 percent of a tanks total health, provided every shot hits the rear armor.

Im having great success killing tanks by ambushing them while they get shot.
    Make sure to use maxed vehicle stealth, as you can't stay cloaked forever, and you don't want them to notice you before you start shooting.

The enhanced targetting implant helps you to determine when your ful magazine will be enough to kill the tank.

Scout around at the borders of battlefields, and use the minimap to find enemy tanks who are likely to engage allies.

Stay near them and be patient. Always remember that one shot is enough to kill you. Direct confrontation is not recommended. Ambushes will win you the day.

Also, killing smoking tanks while they are getting repaired behind cover can yield the funniest rage tells.
    • Up x 1
  6. Carl1879

I have seen a few videos of this and it looks great fun, sadly the PS4 version still doesn't have the Fury-F and no idea if or when we will.
  7. Plastikfrosch

Its a very powerfull combo against open field infantry (also maxes), other flashes and you can take out harrasser 1o1 (or 1o2 since harrasser is a 2 man vehicle) but going against tanks is more a suicide thing. its always good to follow tanks that drive to a safe place for repair and then finish it the moment they try to repair it. Also i like to attack hostile tanks from behind while they attack friendlys just to distract them but in these moments i dont have the intention to destroy them, im just a decoy to make the life of friendlys a little bit more safe.
  8. Rikkit

Furry flash is verry viable. at most long range tank fights, where tanks just hide behind cover when they are low on health, you are the one who get's the kill. With full certed Wraith module you have ~45 seconds of stealth uptime. that is a long time to get right in the heat assasinate some tanks/infantery mans and get away with it.
    If you attack from behind and you can land all your 12 fury-rounds you take ~50% of a tanks health. So if you're alone wait for a tank to emit smoke, before you attack it.
    If you group up with an other Flash or a havy with decimator and AV-Nade you have a very good chance to kill everything except Galaxys and Sundys.(The ttk is high)

be aware that you can hurt yourself, if you use the fury on point blanc(but it's usefull for suicid c4 flashes)