Fun with engineer...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Ximaster, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Ximaster

My main class was the Infiltrator,but last night i face a fight versus TR with tons of tanks,sundies and base turrets and i say,why not???

I pick my antiarmor setup of my engineer that includes the NS-Archer...my God...maybe it cant kill tanks too quick,but at least u make them retreat. The secret,pick a place where the enemy doesnt focus their fire...

I think that with 13 shots of Archer u destroy a base turret (Phalanx) i dont know MBTs,sundies and lightnings,but i earned lot of assists and exp with that weapon.

And u say,how about normal infantry???? Well i have a powerful secondary. Now,for my experience,i say that the best its the Emissary,but i dont have that weapon unlocked,so i have the Blackhand.

Put laser sight and land shots on cqc,i have few kills with it. Maybe im not a great killer (wise people here say "oh,u have K/D ratio of 0.6") but i dont care. I think that my new class is the engineer.

Emissary is the best secondary if u have the Archer as primary...period. But Blackhand isnt that bad.

Infiltrators are not a problem if u have friendlyes around u to cover u. Only if u find ur "friend fans" around,they will target u,no matter if u have a medic near u...:F

But if u are alone,leave the place immediately. Because the Archer is a support weapon,making ur engie a support engie.

Engies like this are meat for stalkers...but remember,Commie and Blackhand can one hit kill a Infiltrator beyond 5 metters or so...:F

But we are talking about the fun of an engie with the Archer. If u have that weapon and good secondary,u wont regret and its a lot of fun,specially for watch MAXes run from u in two shots...
  2. SarahM

You could cert into AI mines to get some protection from stalkers.

What are you using in the suit slot?
    Also: Frag or sticky nades?
  3. Ximaster

Im using frag,because using sticky is so difficult,with frag i can use them around a door,bouncing them.

Also: I dont forget u on the other post,u give the reason to the other guy and u now talk to me like nothing has been happened...
  4. Eternaloptimist

Yes but stickies mean you can land a 'nade exactly where you want it to go. And you cannot imagine the great pleasure of sticking one on a Max just before he runs back into his own spawn room to get out of trouble and ends up killing his mates as well. Or he ducks into cover to be repaired by his pocket engie (who usually dies as well). Plus stickies do more damage than a frag.

It's up to you of course.
  5. Ximaster

Well,unlocking the sticky doesnt cost much certs,so maybe when i complete certing the Infiltrator...but as i said,i have difficulty to throw grenades JUST when i want. I need about 1,5 seconds to find the key and throw the grenade. So throw sticky when i want...maybe not.
  6. Eternaloptimist

I did too but I practised in VR training and it helped me a lot. But you have to be careful about their sticking range. I've thrown one from inside a room and it stuck to the top of the door frame even though I thought was throwing it low enough...........embarassing !
    • Up x 1
  7. MrMinistry30

Yepp, what Eternaloptimist mentioned happens quite a lot... it seems that the swing of the throwing arm is calculated into the way of the grenade when you release it but don't quote me on that one because it is just a feeling, not knowledge! But since i have that in mind throwing grenades works much better for me.

Generally, stickies are really awesome, let it be the fact that you can throw them very precisely if you practice enough or the fact that it is just too hilarious watching panicking heavies with a red light run back to their allies, sealing their fate :D
  8. kr47er

how is anyone taking this guy seriously..