FRUSTRATED

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Levo, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Vurvu

Of all the things I don't like about Planetside 2, the last thing on it would be the NC.

The Vanguard and the NC's MAX... well, when I'm playing TR, it feels like I'm having a bad day on a bad Monday, while watching 2012, only the lead actor is Nicolas Cage and the Russian hot girl is a lesbian who doesn't have that vibe she may have f-cked the big fat greedy ex-boxer hero Russian dude.
    And that NC1 Gauss makes a complete joke of every other thing in the game that costs 1000 certs; it's like being given the keys to Bill Gates house and the sign on the door says "go mental".

The TR Trac-5 is ridiculous, however. Anything that good for free, always is.

I don't like VS at all. I just don't. It's like the whole outfit is being led by Stephen Fry and his husband.

I didn't renew my sub. Was very tempted.
    But there's a lot more that needs to be changed that has nothing to do with anything, before I would.
  2. CMDante

NC have the most diverse and widely useful infantry weapons by an enormous margin. They get everything from the heavy-hitting sluggers to the super high RoF meatgrinders. They have the best flier for farming ground targets. The Vanguard is the scariest tank in the game with it's super powerful cannon, and of course the n00bshield, while being a whopping 5kp/h slower than a Prowler
  3. Levo

Just so you know, I have a lvl 50 something Vanu. I was rolling VS main till I saw the error of my ways. I now have a lvl 80 something NC.

I would like to say to you sir. You are full of S H A T. More hits = more damage. Faster rate of fire = more damage..
    My starting of this post was from the eyes of a heavy assault

Somehow things got off topic..

All violence should be virtual
  4. TombsClawtooth

I played PS1 from around 2003 till close to when the servers shut down. I've been playing PS2 on and off since beta.

I've tried all the empires but prefer NC because of weapon diversity.

The only real imbalance I see is in the starting weapons across empires. It's all about the skill required and the skill cap on the weapons. Vanu lends its self well to both being approachable for a new player as well as being some of the most effective kit in the game for an endgame player. No other empire is this way.

I think the starting weapons for the empires need switched up, and after that things will fall back in line. And for the love of god, what happened to the concept of the jack hammer being the ultimate CQB shotgun? You made it into a sniper shotgun with a 6x scope option!? The devs had waaay too much to drink. The jackhammer is the only faction specific heavy weapon that doesn't come remotely close to filling the intended role like it did in PS1.

They got the lasher done perfectly, they have the MCG feeling pretty similar to how it did in PS1 granted I'm not a huge fan of the ROF changing, the jackhammer tho man... what were they thinking?
  5. Campagne

...I care... :(
  6. Benton582

After much discussion in other forums, NC has the worse weaponry for being easy to use, a great example is the NC's Gauss Saw, and what kind of person thought it was a good idea to give a high skill weapon to a newbie who just started? They don't know how to aim properly nor use it correctly. The EM1 would have made a better start for it. But one that is fine is the Razor GD, it is well rounded, and very easy to use. But both TR and NC lack uniqueness most of all. The weapons are basically the same, but with different color bullets and gun colors. This caused more newbies to like Vanu more, leaving least people to TR and NC.