Frustrated NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneWhoPokes1, Jun 24, 2013.

1. cwcriner

Fun fact: Bear's favorite gun is the EM1.
  2. Vanon

A few misconceptions i'll try to correct.

NC MAX

It's range to 0hk is 8 meters with both guns firing. At 15 you need a full clip to kill infantry. At 20 you need 2. Thats assuming they are standing still, your crouching and have the xhairs dead center on the body. If you think i'm lieing, please go to VR and try it out.

Now, how often are you 8 meters from anyone in biolabs as a MAX. Please don't think "Oh i can get shotgun kills with my LA, its the same thing" cause it is not. Your slower and the enemy simply backpeddels.

The shield does not block doors. You can run right through it. It blocks about 50 bullets of a standard gun or less. Since you cannot fire with it out, the enemy simply continue's firing. If 2 or more enemys are there you will die before the delay from switching the shield goes down. That means no return shots. It's only useful with people behind you shooting over you, or to peak around corners. Yes you can block bullets while your team rez's. However most players have leveled up rez guns and don't need to stand where the enemy can see them to rez. The NC MAX is essentially a door camper.

The Phoenix is pretty crappy unless you
    A. Know when to press "eject"
    B. Are more then 200 but less then 300 meters away.
    C. are not in the enemy line of sight
    D. No one repairs or move's your target.

Basicly you need 3-4 phoenix users to make it worth it. Then it rocks, assuming you got A-D taken care of.