Frustrated NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneWhoPokes1, Jun 24, 2013.

1. TheBillOf3D

Vanu only smiles upon you because outright laughter would be rude.
    • Up x 1
  2. Fumblewatt

Inb4 Stew360/Higby validates OP's point.
    • Up x 1
  3. HellasVagabond

It's not the Fault of TR/VS whiners that we NC get the short end of the stick 70% of the time.....It's the development team who should be working on a baseball game or something, certainly not PS2.
  4. Larolyn

Rebuttal:

NC player on Cobalt. Mid rank.

The Enforcer is no longer a OHK and sceondary vehicle weapons do not have a headshot multiplier. Suck it up. It is the same for the Saron and the Vulcan. Only OHK weapon left is the Halberd. Or of course main gun. If you absolutely need 2 OHK weopens on your tank, roll with a halberd. The Enforcer on full auto is still a powerhouse of a weapon.

Have you used the Chain gun? The rof is amazing. The bloom spreads fast. The wind up will kill you more times than you think. It is very powerful but it has its drawbacks too. If they get the jump on you and they have a chain gun it is good night. On the other hand, if you get the jump on them, they will not be able to wind up in time and you will mow them down where they stand. The gun is so much fun let the TR have it! It has many weaknesses to counter balance its brute force.

The TR T9 has a very fast ROF. It's bloom seems manageable after using a SAW for so long. It's horizontal recoil is just bizarre and takes a while to get use. This gun is most rewarding when you master burst firing. The recoil is killer if you do not burst fire. The bullets feel weak in comparison to the SAW and you have to pump a lot of them into your opponent to see him drop. What the gun gains in ROF, it exchanges for horizontal recoil and the need for controlled burst fire. The SAW is beautiful to use but as with the T9 it requires practice and adjustment. The SAW will always be my go to weapon. It's a work horse of a gun that kicks like a mule.

We are close combat MAXs. Simple as. We have a shield to get us closer and protect the squishies. With proper coordination a shield wall push can get anywhere it wants to and have an army behind it ready to jump out on command. The shield requires tactical finess and coordination to fully utilise its very powerful abilities. You just have to keep playing aroud til you get it right.

Vanu weapons lock on cause TR and NC weapons lock on too. It is called balance. Very much a neccisty in a game of this scale.

That is a brave Scythe pilot who attempts that manevour. There happens to be a huge gun underneath the Liberator that can one shot a Scythe.

The Lasher is powerful yes but as with most ESRL it requires group coordination to achieve good results. The Lasher fills a niche as does the Phoenix as does the Striker. The Strikers niche is quite large at the moment but mainly due to bugs in the guidance system used for lock ons. When these bugs are fixed we can see how the Striker performs. (I hate the Striker, but I try to be objective here.)

If you MAX or drive armour LAs are the scariest thing in the game. No doubt about it. I hated it at first but then I figured, he has to play some very risk, high reward style to get close and kill you. If he manages to pull it off, then GG, well played. It is not an easy task. C4 and LAs are scary. Fear them. If I lose track of an LA nearby my tank you can bet your *** I am running away at full speed. I will not take the risk. In a MAX, I am often in a squad. I have eyes and ears everywhere looking for the LA and have my own LAs to counter them. It is balanced.

I do not fly. My outfit members who do fly run circles around the opposition in their Reavers. I believe the skill ceiling to be so high in air to air combat where by there is no such thing as bad equipment, just bad players. The more talented of a pilot you are, the more deadly your equipment is. So raise your game!

Vanu Snipers have bolt actions with bullet drop. Which they have to pay certs or SC to unlock. NC are the only faction that start with a OHK bolt action. (NC Snipers OP!!!=P ) NanoWeave 2 and no more OHK headshots outside of the minimum damage range. Snipers have it rough right now where the majority of their headshots are not OHK any more.

The Striker we do not know how it works properly. We know that the tracking is bugged right now and missles cannot be outrun or dodged or taken cover from. It is bugged and it as of right now, TR can lock down air space and armour faster than any other faction. But it is bugged. We needed to see this weapon in an environment where the bugs are ironed out. I fully understand the frustration here but we have to be patient and wait for a hotfix. Personally, I ditch my armour, switch to SMG infiltrator and clear out Striker nests from the rear.

I will continue to play NC as I enjoy our arsenal of weapons and tanks and understand my opponents have weaknesses and I have strenghts. I exploit the weaknesses while remembering where my strengths lay.

Happy Hunting.
    • Up x 3
  5. Shoza Nakh

I don't fly Reaver a lot, so I can't say much about it's qualities.

I don't complain about infantry weapons, it's more about personal skill then technical stats. NC weapons good for killing, mostly.

I don't pool AI NC MAX anywhere except air towers, all other places have too much open space for this lolshotguns. This is good, 350 resources for such useless thing is too much. In biolabs fight I used to pull dual Falcon MAX to counter countless TR and VS killing machines.

I switched to Halberd on my Vanguard and perform better than it was before Enforcer nerf, you know, more alfa-strike = less time under fire. Enforcer in it's current state just useless and Halberd just better it all tasks, AI, AT, AA (you know, this low flying liberators).

Currently there no reason to choose NC, except music and color scheme.
  6. MrK

I wish people spend less time complaining about the strong points of ennemies, and work on their own strong points.

And we NC have tons of it.
    Hard hitting A2A gun on ESF, without being crippled by aiming anymore,
    fast AP tank projectile,
    resilient tank,
    guided AV MAX able to OHK infantry (super usable at range, non-lock-on warning),
    ESRL giving us the unique ability to hit from cover and hit targets under cover,
    infantry weapon set which has the most versatile possibilities of the 3 empires, we have the best long range options and completely competitive CQC set,
    AI MAX powerhouse at CQC (yes, lacking at range, buuhuuhuhuu QQ)

And we would need MORE? :eek:
  7. KaneSeere

If devs have a preconveived idea on how the game should be played they really need to stop working as devs. Railroading players is bad.
  8. Larolyn

And for every advantage the TR and VS have they have negatives to counterbalance it too. Where is the problem?
  9. MrK

That was exactly my point, stop being fixated on these, they do not make our advantages disappear.
    The disadvantage you should look at, are the ennemy ones, since they are the ones you should exploit.
    • Up x 1
  10. SnatchMaster

I'm sorry, but the talk of the NC max being gimped up right now simply does not compute. Yes, they nerfed the range and the damage again, but pull that thing out (inb4 that's what she said) in a bio lab, or anywhere with small hallways and close quarters, and you will kill pretty much anything that moves. The Aegis shield is also very useful. I've blocked doors with it, protected reviving teammates with it, stopped rockets with it, blocked c4 hits with it.

And all that is in addition to the almighty Gauss Saw, and the screeching Phoenix out of freakin' nowhere. The other factions aren't necessarily better in all cases. Each has their strengths and weaknesses, but I wouldn't switch to TR or VS. I like where I'm at.
  11. IamDH

Well i think the NC is pretty nice in general but have been left out in the recent updates. The reaver is a nice ESF and the Vanguard is the best in tank vs tank combat. Weapon wise we have the 200damage LMG
    All factions excel in different areas
  12. Mongychops

My favourite part was where he singled out the lashers projectile speed as cause for complaint.
  13. Hantak

So what do you propose?
    devs getting some random ideoa and putting it to the game, with no thought process whatsoever, hoping players will figure out how to make it work?
    This isnt about railroading players, its about having a general idea of what the game should be and how all the elements avaible should interact with each other.
    So far and just from mere observation Blizzard entretainment, Electronic Arts (uh the devil i know..) and SOE follow the same ideas regarding to balance, they must be doing something right (other than milking money out of customers)
  14. zib1911

This guy knows whats up.
    • Up x 1
  15. HerpTheDerp

NC have advantages.

They are just usually useless in the actual game.

For example, most NC infantry weapons have three times better first shot CoF when not moving than the other two factions.

But when was the last time you stood still in a firefight? Standing still just makes you an easy target for the other guy. And a sniper bait. So NC players move when firing like everyone else. As a result, their "advantage" exists only as a number in the weapon chart, but doesn't exist in the actual game.
  16. Loegi

Sorry, but I don't think using wrong facts to whine is really a "service".
  17. Nepau

Lets see the disadvantages that I know of ( I play VS only so take that as you will).

ESRL has limited range (300m?), due to coding limits. It is the max range they can let you guide the rocket before the game needs to do a loading screen after you detonate the missle

Vanguard is built well as an Anti tank tank, while they are good in a tank on tank fight they have weakness to infantry (not as much as a magrider due to its fixed gun, but still noticible).

Maxes AI is limited to close range, though many understimate what 10m really is in the game. As most objectives are in close quarters fighting (more and more as the bases and changed) this is an advantage in many ways. I'm not sure why the shotgun changes this last patch affected their maxes, I personaly didnt expect them to so I'm waiting to see if that changes.

I can not speak for the aircraft simply because I have very little experence with them (I'm no pilot).

I'm always impressed that it seems that EVERY faction is aparently the ONE FACTION that the devs Hate. So ether people are overblowing it or apperently the Devs hate us all no matter the faction. That being said, I for one am looking for Asimectrical balanance, not perfect balance. Looking at the forums I think there are many who don't actualy understand the difffrence.

So for those who don't, Asimectrical balance is where side has sections that they are good or bad at, but as a whole they compare to eachother, a good example is something like starcraft, where the 3 sides play diffrently but as a whole are rather balanced. What many seem to complain about is they want Perfect balance. Perfect balance is when each side has the EXACT same weapons. An example of this is Call of Duty, or any other Match based FPS.
  18. MrK

I suggest you take a look at Gauss Rifle Burst and Gauss Compact Burst
  19. Hantak

Just like the other factions need to use specialized weapons to take advantage of their faction traits?

Burst weapons are the worst weapons out there, simply because you can do pretty much the same with the other regular weapons just by not keeping the mouse button pressed for more than a second, and you are not limited nor punished for this "speciality" at CQC.

I can tell you because i use every weapon until i get the auraxium medal and then change it for some other one, i must be missing something close to 400 kills to get auraxium with the compact burst but it has so many downsides on a regular combat scenario that its not worth sacrificing the extra dps, hipfiring abilities, etc of the other regular weapons. I abandoned the auraxium quest on burst weapons a while ago, until i feel like handicapping myself again i wont use them.
    Joke's that they actually charge you 100 certs or SC for a weapon that should have been a fire mode anyway.
  20. MrK

At least in Gauss Burst case, you don't sacrifice any hip fire ability, and compensate the slight DPS loss with better ammo conservation.
    We both look to have pretty much the same weapon usage, looking at the stats, I'd say. Maybe the Compact version has a problem I didn't see because I barely played it, but the AR Burst is beasty, really.

Anyway. He was complaining about having to stand still to take advantage of NC trait. When the other 2 faction can't do **** all about it, btw. I just pointed out weapons that didn't require standing still, if this is REALLY his problem