From Screen Flicker to the Death of Rendering

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FateJH, Jan 11, 2013.

1. FateJH

I don't frequently get screen flicker, though my last two game periods have both been plagued by them. Logging off and logging back on is the only fix. However, last night/this morning, I received one of the worst instance of screen flicker that I had ever encountered. The "dead zones" where the background models do not render was the greatest that it had ever been, such that, if I was not looking far up at the sky or far down at the ground, I could not see anything but doritos, names, and requests. Normally, the "dead zones" are not only (just) random angles between "good angles" and ocasionally can be aggravated by mundane activities like crouching, aiming down one's sights, jumping, or using effects (e.g., Repair Tool on broken turret).

At least last night had the excuse that the activity was intense; the session prior to that involved me looking around bases to make sure everything is in a defense-suitable condition, e.g., fixing turrets, Terminals, etc., with nothing else going on save maybe a friendly Liberator landing nearby for repairs. What I mean is to say is that it does not seem to be a heavy load problem.

I know a lot of people have had this issue from time to time.
  2. hostilechild

This use to be a super rare occurance for me. Since Wednesday its happening way more often, 4-5 times a night. Sometimes it clears up after a few seconds by itself other times i have to reload the client. Getting annoying. It is completely random it seems as it can happen on ground or in the air, in big or small fights. And it was happening to multiple people in my platoon at once last night.