Friday Night Ops - Episode 75

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

[IMG]
    This week on Friday Night Ops Episode 75
    • Hosted by Luperza
    • Player Spotlight: TheLostLenore joins us and talks about her SOE Live experience, and Best in Show award!
    • Outfit Spotlight: Future Crew joins us to talk about their SECOND win in a row at the SOE Live PlanetSide 2 tournament. We'll also be joining and following along with one of their platoons.
    When: 09/05/2014 5PM - 7PM PDT
    Server: Announced at the beginning of each session
    Don't forget to use our hashtag #PS2FNO and follow us on Twitter @PlanetSide2, and @MargaretKrohn

If you want to know what Friday Night Ops is or how you can be a part of it, go here!
    • Up x 2
  2. Date

Hey Luperza big fan of FNO and command center here. I just wanted to bring to your attention one of the reasons views might be a bit low for all the stuff on twitch/planetside2. I don't know if this affects others much as me but if it does it's prolly a big deal. When I go to twitch and type in planetside2 or planetside 2 a majority of the time the official channel doesn't even show up on the results. This isn't a big deal for dedicated fans who can go type specifically twitch.tv/planetside2 but for casual people who are just looking for general planetside 2 shows or info by using the search might miss the whole channel just because it doesn't show up on the search results. Hope this helps cause the main channel should def have many more views then it does :)

On a side note since your so great and I hope they reassign you to ps2 full time sometime in the future, I heard you talking with Wrel and some others about how to incorporate lore into the game better and had an interesting idea. One of the main lore parts to the game from the player perspective is the weapons and vehicles so I thought its hard to get lore while fighting teeth clenching battles, but when people take breaks to get a breather those battles what are they doing? Mostly looking at weapons and vehicles, and since the descriptions are getting worked on lately I thought it would be nice if they added audio as in someone reading the weapon descriptions and maybe adding vehicle ones. Like say I select an Orion in one of the weapons menus and next to it had a little play button that had a Luperza voice reading the weapon description of how it is used (what its good for) and maybe add in flavor text for it like its history on auraxis. You could have like Teradactyl do the TR ones and maybe that lady Higby and Tramell tortured on command center that last episode do it for the NC. The reason for female voices reading them is in general they are more relaxing/soothing to contrast with the nail biting battles you are taking a break from to listen to the descriptions. Just an idea for you I wanted to float that would be relatively easy to implement for how much it could add to the game's appeal (esp for newer players).

Anyway I want to thank you for all the work you have done on FNO and PS2 and can't wait for the next show (hope you don't give up on it) and I also hope that wasn't the last command center episode they are actually quite entertaining. Like I said in the first paragraph I think checking with twitch on the search problems might help the views for all the shows on the twitch channel a bunch. gl n hf :)
  3. Luperza Community Manager

We haven't noticed this occurring, but we'll keep a look out for it.

No plans of getting moved anytime soon, but you never know. They like to swap us around every now and then. :)

As far as the lore bit that was discussed with Wrel, that was all just ideas everyone was putting out there. The Development Team will decide how they want to do things in the end. :D

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you're looking forward to the next show. I don't think that'll be the last Command Center, they are just going to do them when they feel it makes sense to, rather than having a perfect schedule. (Kind of like how we move PS2FNO around whenever we have big events going on, etc.)
  4. Rockit

I have a feeling FNO might experience a similar fate as Command Center soon.
  5. Date

How sad would that be :(

Thx for responding Luperza

As far as the lore bit that was discussed with Wrel, that was all just ideas everyone was putting out there. The Development Team will decide how they want to do things in the end. :D -Luperza

Yes I realize the development team has the final say was just offering my 2c to help improve the game like you were with the discussion in the first place ;)
  6. Luperza Community Manager

Updatedddddddddd! Prepare your bodies!!!!!!!!!!
  7. ZephyrBurst

Its been ready.
    • Up x 1
  8. blueangleofdeath

Count me in!! Well as long as it's on a server I play on :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Jaedrik

RIP IN PEPPERONI FRIDAY NIGHT OPS
    • Up x 1
  10. Rockit

So long FNO. It was a fun ride but everything comes to an end. 75 episodes is an achievement that says a lot about Maggie's passion for the game and streaming and just her tenacity in general. /take a bow and close the curtain.
    • Up x 1
  11. Luperza Community Manager

D'aww! <3 x 9001!
  12. Jeslis

errr, so.. no more FNO? why? what happened?
  13. Luperza Community Manager

All good things must come to an end. ;)
  14. AxisO7

Damn.

Thanks for everything Luperza. I haven't watched all of the FNO's, but I've seen quite a few.

Glad that JUGA got to have our FNO before it was all stopped. Was a lot of fun, and I like to think we bought something a bit different than most.
    • Up x 1
  15. kadney

Sad to hear that this was the last FNO. :( Watched the twitch record almost every saturday morning.
    Thanks for sticking around with us for such a long time. Hope we will see you again some day. Will you stay at SoE and the CM of Everquest?
    • Up x 1
  16. user101

Next will be layoff's / reassignment or reduced hours... (pay cut) part of working for a company. Just be a yes person... they never seem to get the ax in a company.

You did a good job at FNO...!
  17. S7rudL

Its discouraging to see the official streams end,...
  18. Crashsplash

and they were good thanks to you Maggie.

It's a shame but it's as you say.

Well done you! :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  19. Luperza Community Manager

<3 Thank you all for the kind words. :)
  20. blueangleofdeath

Thanks for all of your hard work on FNO Maggie. It was great watching it and to get hints of what might be coming out ahead of time. I'm really sad to see it go. In a way I had a feeling this was going to happen when some of the other streams started. Maybe one day it will rise up. It was super being on and meeting you on the show. It was a short 75 but it was a great 75 :)
    • Up x 1