Fracture screen shake - How has this not been addressed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MykeMichail, Nov 22, 2013.

1. MykeMichail

Its not like Fractures are a new weapon. They've been out for months now.

Yet, the screen shake created by a single fracture MAX who isn't even directly hitting you, is equivalent to about 3 prowlers firing constantly on your position.

This makes it near impossible to even return accurate fire against a fracture max.

It needs to be toned down.

When a single unit can pretty much turn half a squads accuracy to crap, there's a serious issue.

Tone it down please.
    • Up x 5
  2. NeverWas

it's TR, what do you expect ?
    • Up x 7
  3. NovaAustralis

Fractures definitely need a damage nerf too.
    They chew up vehicles way too quickly.

TR MAX with Fractures in an open field = farm dem vehicles.
    NC MAX with Falcons in an open field = LOL! Don't even think about it... speed bump...
    • Up x 2
  4. DJPenguin

Reminded me of spawning at a galaxy during the tech test and when that thing got hit by flak it was like a 10.0 magnitude earthquake for everyone around it.
  5. Bingabong

The NC need to have the damage on all weapons nerfed and ROF slowed down. Why? Because I came on the forums and said so, that's why.
  6. Kitakami

Whenever the Fractures start blasting off, I just press play on my Harry Belafonte and get with it.

7. huller

So, you are comparing a first gen MAX AV weapon to a second gen MAX AV weapon?

It isn't Falcon V fracture, it is facon v pounder and raven v fracture, and the raven has more damage per shot than the fracture
    • Up x 2
  8. Liewec123

this is'nt about comparing damage and effectiveness, its about screen shake,
    he has a point, one fracture max can make a group of enemies aim like they're suffering from parkinsons disease.
  9. Pikachu

I remember the annoyance of this the first time I faced a fracture MAX back in may. It was in a tower on Esamir and evil terrans showed up far away starting shooting at us. I thought "wtf why does it have that crazy shake effect".
  10. Backf1re

I don't play TR, but if there is one thing fractures need is recoil on the arms of the user. As NC the cross-hairs of my ravens move down after each shot, making aiming a little harder with moving targets. I never see a fracture MAX struggle when it comes to shooting at me.
    • Up x 3
  11. NovaAustralis

Oh, my bad.

Can you tell me the Rate Of Fire for the Fracture and the Raven please?
    • Up x 3
  12. huller

The MR1 Fracture is a dual rotary cannon that fires self-propelled, high velocity kinetic darts designed specifically to penetrate vehicle armor.
    Weapon Stats (As of May 9,2013)

Rocket Damage
    Splash Damage
    Fire Mode
    • Dumbfire
    Short Reload
    • 1.75s
    Long Reload
    • 2.5s
    Magazine Size
    Ammo Pool
    Lock On Time
    • N/A
    Lock Lose Time
    • N/A
    Lock On Range
    • N/A
    Lock On Angle
    • N/A
    ADS Move Speed Multiplier
    • N/A
    COF Stand Hipfire
    • Still: 0.1
    • Move: 0.1
    • Sprint: 0.1
    • Jump: 7
    COF Crouch Hipfire
    COF Bloom per Shot
    • ADS: 0.1
    • Hipfire: 0.1
    ROF
    • 80 rpm
    Rocket Speed Dumbfire
    • 200 m/s
    Rocket Speed Locked On
    • N/A
    Max Range Dumbfire
    • 600 m
    Max Range Locked On
    • N/A
    Rocket Drop

The NCM3 Raven is a laser guided rocket launcher dealing heavy damage to vehicles. It functions similarly to the AV MANA Turret.
    Weapon Stats (As of May 9,2013)

Rocket Damage
    Splash Damage
    Fire Mode
    • Laser Guided
    Short Reload
    • 1.5s
    Long Reload
    • 1.5s
    Magazine Size
    Ammo Pool
    Lock On Time
    • N/A
    Lock Lose Time
    • N/A
    Lock On Range
    • N/A
    Lock On Angle
    • N/A
    ADS Move Speed Multiplier
    • N/A
    COF Stand Hipfire
    • Sprint: 0.1
    • Jump: 7
    COF Crouch Hipfire
    COF Bloom per Shot
    • ADS: 0.12
    • Hipfire: 0.12
    ROF
    • 48 rpm
    Rocket Speed Dumbfire
    • N/A
    Rocket Speed Locked On
    • N/A
    Max Range Dumbfire
    • N/A m
    Max Range Locked On
    • N/A
    Rocket Drop
  13. NovaAustralis

Thanks.
    25,200 Rocket Damage per Minute / 420 Rocket Damage per Second
    23,520 Rocket Damage per Minute / 392 Rocket Damage per Second

So Fractures are better in damage output over time...
    But wait, there's more!
    So Raven reloads for 3 seconds for every 10 shots (2x 1.5 second reloads),
    while Fracture reloads for 2.5 seconds for every 10 shots.

Also having a deeper magazine means you can exploit an opportunity better than a smaller magazine.
    Fracture can do 3150 damage between reloads per arm. (dual = 6300 damage between reloads)
    Raven can do 2450 damage between reloads per arm (dual = 4900 damage between reloads)

Hmm... no balance issues here folks... move along.
    • Up x 5
  14. huller

So basicaly you listed everything the fractures have going for them and ommit everything the ravens have going for them?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking_(fallacy)
    Are you even TRYING not to be textbook examples NC?
    • Up x 1
  15. NovaAustralis

:rolleyes:
    Okay then.
    What DON'T the Fractures have going for them?
    and what DO the Ravens have going for them?

*Side note: I didn't cherry-pick. I compared the same stats for each weapon system. I don't think that means what you think it means.
    • Up x 1
  16. HJK148

The Pounders should probably be fixed along with the Fractures. At the moment the Fractures are the only real MAX AV weapon the TR have. Pounders are supposed to be grenade launchers, but have almost no splash damage and a ridiculous amount of drop, making them a lot harder to use at medium to long range. I've tried using the VS Comets and the NC Falcons and I've had no problems with hitting vehicles at distance.
    The only real time I've actually seen a reason to use Pounders is when there's a tank zerg camping outside of our spawn room.
  17. huller

Some examples:

For a starters you make it sound as if a .5 difference in reload speed to load 10 shots is the end of the world, ignoring that the ravens have a LOT more damage in those ten shots, it only takes two hits from a raven to gib infantry while it takes the fractures three (making it a two shot kill with double arms compared to one with ravens).

As you said:

So Raven reloads for 3 seconds for every 10 shots(2x 1.5 second reloads),
    while Fracture reloads for 2.5 seconds for every 10 shots.

Also having a deeper magazine means you can exploit an opportunity better than a smaller magazine.
    Fracture can do 3150 damage between reloads per arm. (dual = 6300 damage between reloads)
    Raven can do 2450 damage between reloads per arm (dual = 4900 damage between reloads)

So it basicaly takes the Ravens 1.5 seconds both long and short reload to load that 2450 damage while it takes the fractures 2.5 seconds to load 3150 damamge.

That is 1260 damage/second that is reloaded for the fractures and 1633.333333 etc for the ravens.

You also neglected to mention that the ravens are wire guided while the fractures are dumb fire as well that the fractures have a 3 drop while the ravens have 0 drop.
  18. MykeMichail

Please, don't hijack this thread and make it about anything but the damn screen shake.

Baby steps.

Fractures need a massive nerf but being TR they won't get it. At least not NC MAX style (massive nerf in a single patch without even testing to see how each individual change affected performance - pretty much some dude pulled some numbers out of his butt and threw them into the game files). They'll get it slowly over several months with each successive nerf being scrutinised and delayed even more than the last.

Regarding which one is the better weapon, no one cares that the Fracture has drop because the projectile is so fast its near meaningless anyway. At least when you're using it against the Fractures INTENDED target (vehicles, not infantry as fractures are used against so much). Ravens NEED guidance because they're pathetically slow (much like Falcons) and without it they would be completely useless. In the time it takes a Raven MAX to empty a full magazine a tank can easily drop them, and if they need to duck back into cover to avoid that fire, they lose their tracking and miss. Fractures can be fired off and the user can get straight back into cover.

People talk about guided weapons like they actually convey some advantage. They don't. They need guidance because they're so slow.
  19. NovaAustralis

And you accuse me of cherry picking... :rolleyes:

Okay then, the Fractures are just terrible because they have slight drop and are dumb-fire, oh woe is the TR!

I just wonder why there are so many more TR using Fractures then there are NC using Ravens?
    Hmm, why is that?
    • Up x 1
  20. EvilJollyT

I love sniping when there is a single Fracture MAX firing at a friendly vehicle within 100m radius of me. It's awesome to have constant screen-shake amplified by a x12 scope when you are trying to line up a target's head.

Really, I love that screen-shake affects snipers in ADS mode. Really.
    • Up x 1