FPS issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by minibren, Jan 26, 2013.

1. minibren

I am running at about 25 FPS CPU bound in large fights causing noticeable lag and at the warp gate about 60 fps GPU bound where I have no lag.

The problem is in larger fights it says I am CPU bound when I am only running at 50% capacity on my CPU.

My FPS issues seem to get worse the longer I have the client open for.

I have a ATI Radeon HD 5850
    AMD Phenom X4 955 Processor @ 3.6 Ghz overclocked from 3.2
    8Gb of RAM

Any ideas?
  2. Rago

Its you CPU, which causes this.Upgrade to a i5 3570, you should be fine.,
  3. Donkeyball

@Rago
    Nonsense, I have an i7 860 @ 4 Ghz, 8 GB, GF670.
    I too get fps drops to ~25-30 in heavy fights..

CPU usage sits around 30-50%, GPU doesn't hit above 50 in fights.
    Max or low settings don't change a thing.

Everyone I know gets the same, with a wide variety of systems.
    A new i5 obviously is faster than mine, but even if it is, it's not twice as fast.. 20% at best.
  4. TheAppl3

50% usage or whatever is irrelevant. That's as a percentage over all cores. PS2 beats the hell out of one core and lightly taps the others. It is not optimized for multi-core systems well. Higher individual core performance is all that matters.
    • Up x 1
  5. Donkeyball

That does not add anything to what I said.
    My i7 @ 4.0 is in no way is outdated, and can still compete just fine with stock i7/i5 SB processors.
    Are you saying you do not get this issue? Because I know loads of people with overclocked i5/i7 3xxx processors that get the same.

The programmers themselves have said they're not happy at all with current performance of the game.
    It's the game, not the system.
  6. mindbomb

donkey, something just seems wrong with your system if you are dipping below ~35 with that cpu.
  7. TheAppl3

I get 40-50 fps in heavy fights with rare dips into the high 30s in a 300+ player fight at a major facility with tons of vehicles, stock clocks and holding it at the 3.9 turbo frequency. Max settings, zero .ini tweaks because I'm lazy. I absolutely experience this issue. My 660Ti is sitting at 45% usage while I'm getting 45 fps. Core 1 is maxed out, cores 0, 2, and 3 are hanging around at 10%. It happens to everyone because the game does not split its workload among all cores effectively.
    • Up x 1
  8. Donkeyball

Why? When I ask the people on TS about their current FPS, they all come up with roughly the same number.
    I do get sessions where I average 50 FPS, but that's always at the beginning of the sessions.
    The longer the session, I always end up at 30 FPS.
  9. mindbomb

well, they aren't using processors as good as your 4ghz i7 860.
    The fps TheAppl3 said is pretty accurate, and you should be getting simliar.
  10. tigerchips

I have the same CPU but it's not overclocked. i get the same result. If i overclock the bus it settles at a minimum of 30fps in large battles. I wouldn't recommend overclocking until we see what the January patch does.
  11. minibren

This is not true, I have monitored the separate CPU cores while playing and they all seem to be running at about the same level.
  12. BenYeeHua

Yes, one thread on core 1&2, and 2 physX threads and some sound threads on core 3&4 etc.
  13. TheAppl3

Interesting. Bad pic now that I look at it again, I was running GPU limited due to playing around with 1.4 render quality. If that hadn't been the case, core 0 would have been at 95%+ while the others would still be at around 40%.
  14. BenYeeHua

It seen like you don't unpark your core.
    Try this.
    http://bitsum.com/about_cpu_core_parking.php
  15. TheAppl3

16. BlueSkies

FPS 100-120 outside of heavy fights, 50+ in massive fights
    All settings on high

CPU: i7 3930k 6x3.9GHz
    RAM: 4x2GB 2133 quadchannel
    GPU: 2GB GTX 680
  17. Dragam

And why exactly did you post your specs? Completely irrelevant to the thread... fail attempt at showing off your epeen.
  18. BenYeeHua

Yes, as unpark it making the threads process ASAP, not waiting the core finish processing the other threads, and switch it.:)
    ----
    En, what timing of that RAM?
    I want to know this game can getting higher FPS from lower access delay of RAM or not.
  19. BlueSkies

Oh... I get it. I have to spell it out for you.

Ok, I'll try to use small words.

I have higher FPS than some people with high core speed (both comps "CPU bound")

Its been stated somewhere around here that RAM bottlenecks will show up as CPU bound.

My RAM is clocked higher than the people previously mentioned.

As such, it is possible that better RAM may improve their experience.

Was that simple enough?

And oh, sorry that I didn't put specs in my sig like you so I can "epeen stroke" in every post.
  20. Dragam

Aside of the petty insults, that was actually a useful post - and you may very well be right. Obviously the quad channel helps you alot aswell, giving you double bandwidth over the z77 based systems.

Ive actually been thinking about this myself... currently my ram is running at 1444 mhz in tripple channel (old x58 system) giving me roughly the same bandwidth as the z77 systems, which could explain why im seeing approximately the same fps drops as them.