[BUG] FPS Hit Since Nov 13 Patch

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AlcyoneSerene, Nov 14, 2018.

1. AlcyoneSerene

Never noticed my FPS dropping down as low as 34 fps in battles hardly noteworthy of player numbers, or in view of moderate armor columns. It isn't consistent either, as these numbers alone don't rob the ~20 FPS from my previous 50s, so something in the last patch must have caused this.

I checked my PC, nothing else was hogging my CPU. I'm using GTX 1080 on i5 6600k and the fastest compatible 16 gb OC Ram, big air cooling recently cleaned, great system temps, Win10, samsung performance ssd, asus board.

Also noticed a number of reddit posts indicating the same game-breaking problem. I hope this is looked at. Last time a patch degraded performance, I had to reduce settings to compensate, do not want to repeat this cycle again.
  2. Sindroms

There was a recent RTX related game-ready driver update.
    Try rolling it back to see what happens.
    If that doesn't help, make a backup of your user preferences config file and delete it from the folder, let the game re-create it and see if it solves the issue.
  3. Talthos

Performance currently appears to get progressively worse the longer you play. It could be a 'memory leak' of some sort.
  4. FLHuk

As I just posted to another thread... Had this with patches since release. Every so often a patch destroys performance, gives stutters, etc. I fully expect it to be sorted over the next few weeks as it so often does.

Don't expect to have it explained though ;)