forumside, we need to talk

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Van Dax, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Van Dax

This is going in GD because it needs the visibility and is important to the health of the game and these forums, sorry mods.

Frankly the situation here is becoming

It is fine to have balance concerns. I'm not talking about whine threads, those'll never leave nor should we just ignore what the average person feels about the situation. They are sort of important, a balanced but ******** mechanic is bad for the game.

No this is about something more petty, more low, and more desperate.

There are those here that are sharing blatantly false information in the hope of sparking controversy. At this point I need to call people out on it because we are just letting it happen and the **** spread around here leaks into the game and its community and is degrading its integrity.

We can have personal feelings about how things are, I can hate every TR's guts if I want to but I'm not going to make **** up, falsify information, or bring forward a false testimony. Today something showed up in the unofficial patch notes, graciously provided by an upstanding fellow in the community, about an incoming nerf to the TR max that was ambiguously worded, there have been several threads created about it and people refuse to read the truth, they just read the OP's lie and then skip straight to outrage.

If they'd taken time to confirm, do any basic fact checking, tested in game or even read the comments from the source they'd find that not a single chaingun was touched, only the av weapons.

Go back a few months and you have the empire specific pistols coming out, the coverage of this subject was a hastily thrown together ****storm. Youtube guys, you have a responsibility to the community-they are the ones that subscribe and boost your image. Lying or sharing obviously false information is disrespectful to your supporters.
    a few things quoted
    "these will be the charge up, shotgun, auto pistols"-easily proven false as those were set to release several months in the future
    "the cerberus deals a large amount of splash damage which makes it a really powerful gun"-are you serious? confirmed as a bug within what a day of it showing up on the test server, but not only that it was not in the description, the stats, and it only occurred when ads-d (something it would most definitely say in the description) and it used a non splash projectile.
    "The cerberus is basically a shotgun pistol"-This is still repeated to this day, WTF how do you even reach that conclusion?
    "the inquisitor was supposed to be automatic but they change it due to whining, you can even see vanu labs using it in this video" Nope it wasn't supposed to be, those were a different set of pistols and that video used an entirely different model even.
    "the desperado was supposed to be a shotgun.... blah blah" Nope, as before and vanulabs can do whatever he wants with the stats-you know like the saron pistol or the flash stacks?

Again back further:
    removal of vanu specific damage drop off curves, certain people toted it as a buff and there are those that still believe this. I've explained this elsewhere but on most weapons it was beneficial, kinda like a free softpoint ammo on every gun you own (was only bad for gun s like the flare and ursa but was fantastic for the orion and sva-88)

There are many more instances of this present in this communities history and we need to put an end to this garbage. The anger its generated will only hurt this community in the long run and isn't worth the likes you get now.

peace.
    • Up x 4