Forgotten membership perk

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AgentRed, Jan 7, 2015.

1. AgentRed

I know SOE has been pushing to make more money for this game. But feel like they forgot something that they already have in game. It is call the Member Early Access I bring this up for two reasons. The first reason is it hasn't been updated in more then 6months. Next is they could use this to put like new helmets or camo out before they are open to the public. I don't know why they don't use it but they should. If you are wondering what I am talking about it is this.

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  2. Degenatron

Agreed.

I think they should also have a Member's Legacy Discounts section where the oldest cosmetics are gradually reduced in price. Perhaps have several tiers of discounts, kinda like the way Steam drops prices over time. Things that are 2 years old could be reduced to 100 SC. If they wanted to really reward loyalty, they could base access to discount tiers on the subscription level of a user. Non-members see everything at full price. Auraxium Members see everything at 50% off, and then you build a graduated scale in-between.

Back on topic, there really should be regular updates to the member early access. They should pause new cosmetic content roll-outs for a month or two, then roll them out to members for a month before making them available on the wider market. That way you begin the phase roll-out method.

Also, I think the devs should have a far more automated system for the marketplace. Hearing all that Tayradactyl has to go through to add items in the marketplace is crazy. They really should give her an automated interface that would update the tables for her and in the process build into that automation the process where the base item is entered and then it is stepped through that items life cycle without further human intervention.

Additionally, they should start culling old items out of the market place. They would only remain available to members (via the system above - the Members Legacy Discount section). This would create a sense of urgency for purchasing these items and also clean up the shop a little bit.
  3. FnkyTwn

Yeah, and what's up with only having Prowler Deluxe Trim?

You'd figure cranking out stuff like that would be easy as well as $$$$ profitable $$$$.

Instead of posting it on these forums (which are never checked btw), you could mention it to Smedley over on Reddit or on Twitter. You should go directly to Smedley with stuff like this, because otherwise it'll just get ignored, or worse, some yahoo will claim it as his idea and get kudos he doesn't deserve. Smedley pretty much runs PS2 these days.

edit: And I like how as a member, you get a discount on items only members can purchase. Kinda silly. They should just sell the 'member' items at a flat 500SC so it's somewhat of a deal for people who are already subscribed. Or maybe base the discount on each month of membership the user has? 1 month = 10%, 2 months = 20% and so on.
  4. AgentRed

I have tried stuff like that before it just gets pushed under the rug. So if you can help push it or send it over that would be bada
  5. Nayrx

I would buy member stuff if they offered more of it. They haven't offered anything new in over a year
  6. Cest7

Just another scrapped feature... hard to justify keeping a membership
  7. gary the sewer hobo

Yup, they already have "coming soon" periods on player studio helmets where they are in the store but unavailable to buy for 2 weeks. Why tjose aren't for members early access is anyones guess.
  8. Covah

Too busy working on PS4 at the moment.

Come back later thx.