Forced Fire Teams Suck

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BamaRage, Aug 20, 2018.

1. BamaRage

Never saw much use in it when it was optional and now they decide to make it mandatory. One more Brilliant move by the devs. But what do you expect from those who thought no command channel was a good idea....
    • Up x 1
  2. PoopDatGame OUT!

i just play the game and have no clue.
    • Up x 1
  3. TerminalT6

Most of the changes they made to leadership were good, but I don't understand why they didn't make this a toggle option.
  4. JDS999

idk..... it seems like an intelligent squad could continuously squad drop without delay as much as they wanted. with spawn beacons. right? or two overpowerd in the right hands?
  5. BamaRage

Most? Really Most? I dont see it....
  6. BamaRage

I just don't like the fact that its automatic to start with. And I may be wrong but my understanding is currently its bugged. From what I understand once fixed putting down a new beacon will kill the old one. but regardless, let it be my call as pl and sl.
  7. BamaRage

As far as I can tell the Devs are spreading crap on a cracker and calling it hors d oeuvres. And some are gobbling it downs like Cheetos.
  8. JibbaJabba

The thing that is bothersome is that it forces you into their style of fire teams.

If you want to do 1/2 assaults and 1/2 support? Tough. You'll get it set then it will get all messed up as people leave and join.

It also seriously undercuts the new spawn beacon behavior.

I put all my outfit members and friends in one fire team and enable the squad beacon. I put blueberries and knuckleheads in another fire team and turn off the squad beacon. Then a knucklehead drops and rejoins and suddenly he's able to drop a beacon.

Yeah, I like the fire teams. I just really don't like the auto ones. You should join by default to the non fire team in the squad, then let the leader move people.
    • Up x 1
  9. TerminalT6

Mentor squads, outfit hosted squads, fireteam beacon permissions, improved squad bans, platoon autofill, B/C/D squads inherit A squad's permissions, /sitrep.
  10. BamaRage

Thats not most of the update but, I agree some of your list is okay. But I don't like the platoon autofill as I prefer to pick my own SL's and build my own platoons. Don't like the fire teams so don't care about the beacons. Sorry, but I stand by my statement, most the update is crap. The devs go to far and force crap. Hate the loss of command chat, hate the new way points and so on.
  11. BamaRage

Well the devs are not to bright so don't expect it to be corrected. I do know that I will not spend another dime on this game till they change this crap. I will probably play PS2 till its no longer around. But looking at other options for games I will spend money on at this point, paid membership canceled.
  12. TerminalT6

I said most of the leadership changes. Not most of the update. But yeah I don't really get the new waypoints though lol. I thought they would add a letter to the top of them or something but it was just a needless aesthetic change.
  13. BamaRage

I still disagree with most leadership changes being good. At least they did give us command chat back!!!!!!!