Force Recon directive - Your suggestions?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Pingonaut, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Pingonaut

I'm trying very hard to complete the Force Recon directive, I really want that auraxium knife! It's taking a long time, though. I'm fine as far as knife kills go (I'm somewhat close to auraxium on it) but getting those ribbons takes a long time. What are your suggestions to speed up the process? It's be great if we got spotter ribbons for motion detection, but I suppose doritos don't pop up over their heads so it doesn't count.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the feedback. :)
  2. commandoFi

Honestly I found it to have a fairly even progression (unlike the medic for example). Spot spamming will help for the spotter ribbons, I find this extra easy gunning in multi-gun vehicles. For the other ribbons sniping is probably the easiest (headshot, marksman, kill streak). If you don't already, knifing any MANA turrets, sensors, and beacons you find will help for the deployable kills.
  3. AnuErebus

Spotter ribbon takes a little time since anyone you spot who was previously spotted by another person doesn't give you credit. Big fights will certainly make it easier and finding a good position such as in a tree or ontop of a tower where you can see a lot of the enemy can allow you to spot a lot of people. Also anytime you see a bunch of people dieing constantly to tanks or liberators just Q them and you'll get a fair number of spotting assissts.

That said, at the last tier I've actually found that deployable destruction is a much easier route to go with since medic regen fields, spawn beacons and motion spotters are pretty frequently found in any fight. When you're overrunning an enemy position, instead of chasing the last couple guys, pause a moment and take out their deployables before moving on. It'll still take a fair amount of time, but I've found it a much more reliable way to make progress since I usually run through them anyways.
    • Up x 1
  4. asdfPanda

Use awareness implant; it helps quite a bit with the spotting ribbons. Otherwise, snipe with a bolt action in field fights such as Quartz Ridge-Indar Excavation, Howling Pass-Mao Tech, the two westerly lanes on Amerish, and the field fights south of Andvari Biolab. EMP nade is helpful for deployable destruction; you could also just shoot the deployables :p
    • Up x 1
  5. _itg

Do you get credit for destroying deployables with EMPs now? I thought that was still bugged.
  6. Vaphell

i think it's indeed the case. Yesterday i threw quite a lot of them in a farm and every other took down a regen field, but i don't recall getting any notification with xp.
  7. Rohxer

A developer teased a video that showed EMPs fixed, but the fix is still not live as of yesterday. The fix, however, only showed xp being granted (+ assist xp). I asked, but it was not confirmed whether or not these kills will count for the deployables destruction directive.
  8. Amouris

Sniping would be your best bet as it works for multiple parts of the directive, spotting implant also helps. I was around 30 away from deployable kills when my directive reset, I no longer care.
  9. CuteBeaver

Yeah, neither of the infiltrator tools count towards the spotting ribbon. You have to spot 5 people and they must die within roughly 10 seconds per ribbon. What I have been doing is spotting in general, and also spotting my target when sniping then finishing them off with a headshot. It earns towards a couple things, killstreak, marksman (depending on distance) +whatever sniper rifle your using, and some of your infiltrator, and weapon directives get filled out at while your working on force reacon.

I have been making an effort to kill deploy-ables lately. I do not believe our EMP's actually count towards this. I have always just stabbed the turrets (I only have a crossbow handy) or shot/stabbed beacons because I don't want to risk loosing the credit. The destruction one is actually easier to do since its a kill and not ribbons. The moment I complete this bloody directive I am going back to EMPing on all the things.;)
    • Up x 2
  10. Pingonaut

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll be putting some of them to use pretty soon. If only sniping was my forte! I'll have to work on specializing in Force Recon.
  11. Mustarde

I did my usual sniping which gets you head shots, kill streaks, and marksman. I had the knife aurax simply from being an infiltrator and relying on my sidearm and knife a lot in CQC. That left spotting vs. deployables. I tried both, using marker implant, awareness, spotting everything I could, and wandering through fights, even suiciding to kill deployables with my knife.

It was brutal and in the end, I killed the deployables before I could get the spotting done. I contemplated pulling stalker and just sitting in a fight spotting people, but I couldn't make myself do it.

Remember that deployables include shield beacons, motion spotters, squad beacons, turrets (which die in 4 knife hits) and AP/AV mines. I struck gold by driving a wraith flash around with EOD HUD behind enemy lines.

Best of luck friend. I know you can do it.
    • Up x 3
  12. Pingonaut

Ah, that's very smart. Thanks for the feedback and suggestion.
  13. Rift23

Throw EMP grenade and banzai charge a group from behind. Equip the immunity implant and you'll feel like Batman.
  14. AssaultPig

if you already have the knife auraxium (or are close), it should be fairly easy.

Run either awareness or marker to speed your spotting assists along, look out for tank mines and engineer turrets to destroy, and practice those head shots (should be easy enough if you are mostly sniping.) The most onerous badges to get are the marksman ones, and having the knife medal means you won't need to worry about those