[Guide] For VS and TR MAXes plz read

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Moumoulle, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Moumoulle

I read a lot of comments about the NC MAX : "OMG NC MAX OS INFANTRY WHY CAN'T WE ??!!!!! (grumpy face)"

So i want to say stop !

Today i finally bought two Nebula and this ******* crazy !

NC MAX has shotguns, right ? So he can't shoots in the head ( he can but only a bullet hit's the head and with slugs it's impossible to touch when the guy is moving arround )

So here the Stats:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Amnj8jnZLDIOdEx6azNNdVozRmxLVkI2WnZmS2NqV1E&output=html

So you can see when i am firing in the head i do 2X dammage.

Time to Science time

A soldier has 1000Hp
    Dual Nebula deal 2x147= 294 dammage
    If i shoot in the head 2x294= 588 dammage in less than a second !!!

So i can kill a soldier faster than the NC MAX and I'M STILL FULL OF AMMUNITION and i can reload very quickly.

Yeah ok this requires a bit of skill but VS/TR MAXes are very good, so stop bed a UP or a Nerf thanks.
    Tommorow i will make a video to show what i'm saying if i have the courage

Ps: I use dual nebula because they have the fastest rite of fire so i can kill quickly.
    Pps: Sorry for my grammar naz! i'm french
    [IMG]
    Thx for reading guys.
  2. Hotel88A

VS' AV weapons (for max) cant hit worth ****. Enemies playing peekaboo 30m away? Just pack your **** and go home; you'll be shooting everything but those dudes. Within 10m you can land headshots, yes, but then a scatter max can instagib the enemy with a body shot at that range. So good luck with those headshots.
  3. Zcuron

The nebula deals ~953 damage per second, assuming body hits.
    If we assume you have two nebulae, you'll deal ~1907 damage per second.

If we also assume you hit the head with every shot, you'll deal ~3813 damage per second.

The hacksaw deals 4290 damage per second, or 715 damage per second per pellet, assuming body hits.
  4. Rhinzual

Wow, no wonder dual hacksaws are lethal, first shot rips away all your shields and most of your health, and second shot just finishes the job. I think that's why even the Scattermax in PS1 could only ever have one weapon at a time.
  5. Oreo202

Except it's not killing infantry that's the problem. It's time TTK of the scattercannons on other MAXes. A lot of people around here seem to think people actually pull MAXes in the middle of nowhere and attempt to dual other MAXes at 60 meter ranges. All MAXes are forced into CQC due to the very limited range of their weapons.

The issue comes in when there are 8 VS or TR maxes sitting on a cap point trying to defend and 4 NC MAXes rush into the room. The NC MAXes will likely win just due to the speed that they can kill other MAXes. They can also back out of the room to reload, then go back in.
  6. Flying Mug

Any 800RPM 143 damage gun does ~1907 DPS.
    Any 845RPM 143 damage gun does ~2014 DPS.

For TR, that means the Cycler TRV, TAR, LC2 Lynx, and technically the HA special Minichaingun.
    For VS, that means the H-V45, Serpent, and VX6-7.
    For NC, that means the GR-22 and GD-7F.

As far as I know, all those guns can ADS to substantially tighten their COF. Some just have better COF than most MAX weapons anyway or even have advanced laser sights. This is why I'm so down on MAX AI weapons. For the most part, dual wielded, they aren't actually any better than normal infantry weapons. They're just strapped to a (mostly) less mobile guy with damage resistance that can't ADS. Not that that's HORRIBLE or that you can't kill things. If you're in a situation where you can keep guys at your optimum range or there are a lot of MAX units to soak up fire. It's just underwhelming, it isn't anything special. It isn't the counter for Hacksaws-in-a-Biolab, either.

I can agree with the don't ask for nerfs sentiment, though. NC MAXs are lethal at close range; fair enough. They have two shotguns in a game where one shotgun in CQC is deadly. Stands to reason. I don't really encounter slug-Hacksaws enough to mind them. I just want to hear more about the counters. What breaks up a NC MAX camp or a push in an enclosed space short of blatantly superior numbers and coordination? The key thing here is that it doesn't seem to be our AI MAXs, unless we can lose them on (at least) a two-for-one basis.
    • Up x 2
  7. Ayre

I've never once complained about my MAX's ability to kill infantry. No idea why you bothered to solve this problem.
  8. hostilechild

flash grenade, concussion grenade. dead max / dead group of maxes.