[Suggestion] For the sake of PS2 we need to change forums and guidelines

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldMaster80, Nov 1, 2014.

1. OldMaster80

I've been reading this forum for 2 years and honestly I think we have a huge problem here.

Please consider the following point of forum guidelines:
    "Nerf Calls - Openly calling for "Nerfs" (blanket reductions to abilities) is not allowed"

Despite moderators good job, this went literally out of control: discussions about nerfing and buffing go on forever. Most of them can't be called "constructive feedback" at all, they often turn into real trolling / flames, they're barely based on real data but more on personal impression or driven by personal interest.

Most important: they create mass isteria.

Some players claim a certain weapon kills 2% more than others, or it has 3% less recoil and suddenly everone goes mad. No one looks at the bigger picture, everyone seems to think "Buff the weapons I have, nerf the rest" or "It killed me, it's OP, I can't fight it, NERF IT".

Look where this took us all: devs spend a lot of time trying to satisfy a community that is never happy. Mainly because some users cannot accept differences between faction weapons/skill/vehicles. Look at the endless MBT fight, look at those things that have been nerfed to the ground so much that they almost disappeared from the game (yeah ZOE, I'm talking abot you). If we go on like this all differences between factions will slowly be levelled.
    This idea weapons must always be in line with their enemies counterpart must be brutally eradicated from forums mentality.

So my suggestion:
    - Moderators should instantly lock every thread about specific buffs / nerfs request. Every single thread about changing vehicles, skills, equipments should be immediately closed and deleted.
    - Create a new forum for feedback, where only Moderators can open threads on specific topics (Battle Rifles, ESF guns, Max skills and so on). Whenever it's possible the discussion should be supported by statistics.
    • Up x 2
  2. Crator

The devs shouldn't implement nerfs or buffs without first taking in to consideration all the things that should be considered. They have the tools to analyze all the things in the game to make an informed decision... If the community is posting left and right about something that doesn't match up with what the devs know and how the things are intended to be then they should post about it on the forums so people understand how it works or is balanced within the game....

AFAIK, this is how they operate already (minus the posting about stuff on the forums)...
  3. Fellgnome

Haha, as if these forums matter.

They pay more attention to the reddit.
    • Up x 1
  4. TriumphantJelly

This might mattter if the developers looked here once in a while, but...